advertisement

FoS - anyone else here?

"My father had victorian cars .... flat out at 8mph, cruise at 4mph, break down every 600 yards, that sort of thing" lol
Absolutely. Victorian cars weren't a means of transport, they were an expensive toy for the wealthy man. Most of them didn't actually work beyond being coaxed into life for a few minutes at a time.

For anyone interested the launch of the British built all electric Hypercar is happening today.

Not sure what a 'hyper' car is but allegedly this thing 'breathes the air it goes through', is 'made to be porous', and with 'incredible downforce achieved without any compromise'. I guess that means it's somehow a carbon lifeform with lots of holes and screwed to the floor; nice.

CHE

That 'built without compromise' type of stuff must bug the life out of everybody who has ever designed or built ..well.. just about anything.

Marketers - you gotta love 'em, because nobody else does :)

Sounds like some of my 'less than sensible' vehicular acquisitions over the years..
Nothing wrong with that. A motorised vehicle doesn't necessarily need to work as a means of transport, if you don't need it to. Guy Martin has a Merlin engine that he only fires up for fun.

^ Not sure the likes of a rust-ridden Alfa 75 that drove to one track day, calved, was towed home and sat on the driveway gathering moss for 2 1/2 years until my wife got thick and sold it to some gentlemen of the travelling community for a handsome total of £25 remotely qualifies in that respect. :)

(And as for the bought/kept for six years/never turned a wheel/ sold at another marked and duly noted loss garage-ornament that was the seized '72 911 that the kids still laugh about - Im not even going to go there.. )

advertisement

Back