advertisement

Fortune telling

herb,

I found it on the Internet, and I'm starting to think my posts should come with HTML tags to indicate intended humour ahead.

Joe

All posts need a 'traffic light' system to help avoid smilies and emoticons.
Red: 'This post is entirely serious'.
Amber: 'This post has elements of humour, but there's an underlying serious core'.
Green: 'What, are you nuts? Obviously I was joking! Duh!'

Using Joe H's new colour-coded posting scheme, I put my original post in this thread in green.

Obviously I was joking. I also have a lot of CDs and a stupidly large SACD collection. This is my problem with fortune tellers: They get the big strokes correct but mess up on the details.

I thought fortune telling was nonsense, but I saw a fortune teller some years ago and, dammit, he was unnervingly prescient.

68a98125065fbe2bd00ca84fd5110e7d.jpg

Joe

Amber: 'This post has elements of humour, but there's an underlying serious core'.
That's why my posts have a troll symbol beside them.

My wife once had a crazy looking lady come upto her in a bar when she was a teenager, she said numerous things to her about her future and all these predictions have now happened.

Quite eerie.

Thanks, Barry.

I should mention that I don't live alone. Not counting my wife and kiddo, there's at least a cat or two in the house .... along with an s-load of LPs.

50265057391_c9f7e428ee_b.jpg

But the Internet let me down there. I couldn't find a comic about a fortune teller and vinyl that fit my life perfectly, so I had to go with the one that was close.

Joe

What do I do if, like me, my posts are confused and utterly lacking in certainty?

Do you guys remember this?

I had a girlfriend obsessed with this stuff.

525843._UY401_SS401_.jpg

Stephen

Oh, yes. That, and 'Morning of the Magicians' by two French blokes, 'The View Over Atlantis' by John Mitchell, and 'The Old Straight Track' by Alfred Watkins. Plus Charles Fort and Colin Wilson banging on about all sorts of mysterious gubbins.

Joe P,

Is that Bitey . . . or the infamous one with a thing about Khan!. . ?

ps. Whenever mods start posting cute kitty pics, I do wonder whether this is another form of moderation. . . ;) :D

John

advertisement

Back