advertisement

Forthcoming gigs

Saw Richmond Fonaine & Peter Bucknell last week in Isligton.
Going to Theory Of A Deadman tomorrow in Islington.
Going to Swervedriver in November in..err...Islington.

I go to gigs most weekends but long term i've booked:
The Slits at the Rainbow in Birmingham 14.10.09
New York Dolls at Leamington Spa 08.12.09
Iggy & the Stooges at Hammersmith Apollo 02.05.10
I'm playing with my band I'm a Mess in Studley, Warwickshire on Saturday, otherwise it would be Peter & the Test Tube Babies in Digbeth.

Someone has to go to some heavy stuff (and thats me!)

Deep Purple - Manchester Apollo (Nov 10th)
Motorhead (supported by Girlschool and The Damned) - Wolverhampton Nov 29th

and to balance it have just booked for Glenn Tilbrook - An Acoustic Evening at Wrexham on Nov 14th

Looks like November is a busy month!

Taking my 21 year old son (student) to see Joan Baez in Salisbury on 11th November - can't wait.

Do talk to her if you get the chance. She usually has a lot of time for her fans, and is very friendly. And she's got tons of good stories. Class act all the way.

Next couple I've got tickets for are:

28th October - Efterklang and The Britten Sinfonia perform Parades at The Barbican, which should be fantastic. And as an excellent bonus Jaga Jazzist have been added as support.

22nd November - Tortoise at the RFH. Exciting enough in itself (certainly after the amazing show at The Garage a couple of months back); but now with Cluster as support, utterly unmissable. There's also an interesting looking free event on that afternoon, also part of the London jazz festival, which is about the links between jazz, electronica, and dubstep - which makes a nice day out on the southbank.

And I can't recall the dates at the mo, but I've also tickets for The Field at The Luminaire (lovely little venue in Kilburn), and The Portico Quartet and Sweet Billy Pilgrim at The Anvil, Basingstoke (on a not so lovely collection of roundabouts in Hampshire).

Oh, and hello, first post here - nice to see a good variety of musical tastes here.

Still a pile of tickets on the shelf.

Massive Attack at the Heinken Music Hall next week.
The Dead Weather at Melkweg 3rd November.
Grizzly Bear, also at Melkweg on the 9th November.
I am Kloot at Tivoli in Utrecht 11th November.
Fever Ray at Paradiso on 3rd December.

advertisement

Back