advertisement

For want of a better name: the HackerNAP board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Gareth

I hope you are going to fit a cover over the mains connections!

Apart from that very nice.

Pete

Absolutely, I was looking at it last night thinking safety which is why I posted the earthing thread as well. I have some 2mm lexan and will be making up protective panels and warning stickers for all the deadly voltages.

Cheers

Gareth

Looks very good Gareth, thanks for posting the pics. Thinking I should get the 75mm transformers regardless of the case I get. Then I will have the option of dual mono or monoblocks. Thanks.

Carl, my apologies for posting this in an an open forum, but I have sent a load of emails and not had a reply. Maybe I have the wrong address, but I am sure I have used the address you gave. Any chance of a reply?

I still have not received the HNAP boards or the HCAP boards I paid for a good while back now and I'm buying all the bits in the group buys to fit in them at a not inconsiderable cost. You said you would send replacement boards as they seem to have got lost, but I have heard nothing for many weeks now. Reassurance would be fine if you are busy. But the thought of being stuck with several hundred pounds worth of components and no boards is starting to wind me up. If you could do me the courtesy of a reply to my many emails I would be grateful.

Thanks

Simeon

I can't speak for Carl, but I understand he was moving continents and may be offline/distracted for a while. I'll let him know of the continuing interest on PFM via Facebook. At least I know he's there from time to time.

James

Carl, my apologies for posting this in an an open forum, but I have sent a load of emails and not had a reply. Maybe I have the wrong address, but I am sure I have used the address you gave. Any chance of a reply?

I still have not received the HNAP boards or the HCAP boards I paid for a good while back now and I'm buying all the bits in the group buys to fit in them at a not inconsiderable cost. You said you would send replacement boards as they seem to have got lost, but I have heard nothing for many weeks now. Reassurance would be fine if you are busy. But the thought of being stuck with several hundred pounds worth of components and no boards is starting to wind me up. If you could do me the courtesy of a reply to my many emails I would be grateful.

Thanks

Simeon

You are not alone in continuing to wait.
I was aware of Hacker's move between continents so have not been hassling overly much.

I do however want them to arrive someday - and hopefully soon!
It is very frustrating to see all the builds going on here, in the knowledge that I also own some boards - just not in my hands yet. :mad:

Jim.

Thanks all for the nice comments, I am very pleased with the progress. One of the good things about waiting for the components is that I am really taking my time with the build.If I had a stack of bits to solder in I just know that I would be unable to resist plugging it all in and giving it a whirl. At least with this approach I can build to the correct standard and test each section so I know I won't need to lash up anything when the boards are stuffed!

Gareth, stunning work! All your thinking has really paid off. As my build is proceeding painfully slowly, I'm trying to follow your lead and use the delays to make sure I'm getting it right.

For those waiting on Carl, I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and I'm afraid it could be another month yet. He's absolutely swamped, and the move is still to come. Bad timing, but he's a good man, and he will come through ... eventually.

I have 2 pairs of boards...one i'm building now, the other i would loan out to a PFM person so they could get on with their build until their boards arrive...let me know.

Hi

I would love to take you up on your offer of loaning a set of boards but as I missed the last GB will not be able to replace them until I can place an order for mine I guess we shall all have to wait for Carl
:patience is a virtue

Hi,

I bought 10 boards so possibly will I have some spare boards.
But i need to get my first set built and see if any one I know wants some.

Pete

Guys, thanks for the replies. Wow, so Carl is moving continents. I kind of know how that feels having moved from Wales to the Midlands :D.

I guess I'll just hang on till he's settled. It's not the wait that's the problem, it's not being sure that he'll have any boards left by time he gets round to it.

So I'll just keep collecting the bits from these excellent group buys...

Simeon

I understand Carl to be a standup guy.
I am sure he will sort it out given time.

If push comes to shove I also have a couple of boards that are not needed right now.
One way or another this can be sorted, I understand the frustration as I galloped into my first build as soon as the boards arrived.

Regroup when all the component GB's are in.

Tony

Guys, thanks for the replies. Wow, so Carl is moving continents. I kind of know how that feels having moved from Wales to the Midlands :D.

I guess I'll just hang on till he's settled. It's not the wait that's the problem, it's not being sure that he'll have any boards left by time he gets round to it.

So I'll just keep collecting the bits from these excellent group buys...

Simeon

Simeon,

I've got 2 spare HackerNAP boards. PM me your address and I'll send them out tomorrow. Sorry, no spare Cap boards.

BTW I've got a nasty feeling I never thanked you for the Kendeils - if that's the case hopefully thes will redress a little.

Paul

Simeon,

I've got 2 spare HackerNAP boards. PM me your address and I'll send them out tomorrow. Sorry, no spare Cap boards.

BTW I've got a nasty feeling I never thanked you for the Kendeils - if that's the case hopefully thes will redress a little.

Paul

Thanks Paul, PM'd yer right back!

Hi Pete

If you have any spare amplifier boards I do need 2 for my dual mono HackerNAP please put me on the list just let me know when they are available thanks very much for the offer all the best Bob

Gents, a question about the LTP transistor matching... is it correct that one of the parts must have an hFE *at least* 10% higher than the other? And is it OK if the difference is more than 10%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back