advertisement

For Vuk...

Derek,

From http://dpnow.com/2510b.html

We think this is a first for DPNow; we've had the chance to fit an Olympus Digital Zuiko 14-54 zoom on the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 and also fitted the Leica Vario Elmarit 14-50 zoom on our Olympus E-330. The good news is that there were no nasty surprises and the pre-production Leica lens even operated its image stabilisation mode successfully while fitted to the E-330.

Here's your chance to be one up on Vuk. ;-)

Joe

Joe - It is really good news for the 4/3rds standard - it will be interesting to compare the performance of the two 14-50 zoom lenses. I expect that within a week of the Leica lens being fully available the web will be awash with comparison images.

As I have the 50-200mm lens already I would be hard pressed to be tempted by an Image Stabilised verson (however that would be a more useful lens for me as I can just about hold the 14 to 50mm lens steady).

Derek,

I suspect Leica will release more lenses in the future, so it may be worth keeping an eye out for one that covers your preferred range. (Next will probably be a long zoom, followed by a prime or two is my guess.)

Joe

advertisement

Back