advertisement

For the sake of

Uzinusa

Happy Chappy
I've recently acquired a pair of mint condition Shahinan Arcs (which replaced my nSats, with whom I was was well pleased), late '90's genre and must say they sound fantastic. Utterly filling my room with thrilling music they are pretty much as good as it'll get for me speaker wise. Job done!?

Alas, they don't fit the bill on other counts (don't ask); I could try to change their colour, of re-veneer in trendy Giraffe-horn or the like but am (slowly) coming round to the fact that it may just be easier to change them and when i get a larger house buy again. It's only speakers I keep telling myself ;)

Their replacement will likely be a standmount, one that works well close to the wall, and one that isn't "too" big. I appreciate any experience you may have in this regard. They should have more "welly" that the nSats, and be fairly pretty to look at. I won't bias you with the couple of options I was looking at just yet.
Cheers,
Andy

Job done!?

Alas, they don't fit the bill on other counts (don't ask); I could try to change their colour, of re-veneer in trendy Giraffe-horn or the like but am (slowly) coming round to the fact that it may just be easier to change them and when i get a larger house buy again. It's only speakers I keep telling myself ;)
Cheers,
Andy

It used to be common practice to paint speakers to coordinate with the room. Usually done by car sprayers with paint with a little bit of flexibility.
They have the skills to mask up and do a perfect job.
There are suppliers of different colour acoustic cloth for the covers out there too.

i don't know if wallpaper would work very well though.

So we have a problem with both how they sound in the room and how they look.

If you paint them you will likely cut their value in half. :eek:

Sell them and move on to a happier solution.

There were a pair of Revel stand mounts in the ads, seriously good speaker Revel, I run the M22s.

Good luck with it all.

You may find ATC a bit shrill after the Arcs.....

I had ProAc Response 1SC a while back, terrific little speaker, I would imagine the D2s very good......

images

300-1.gif

dali_helicon_300_pa.jpg

seriously nice polished veneer in the flesh, and my favourite standmount.

found ex-dem for circa £1k not including stands.

Dali Helicon 300, lovely speaker.

Hi, Andy

I have a mate with Compasses, I am sure he would be willing to swap for a week.

Pete

Halvis, yea Snell/AN are of interest. I did get near to a pair of Snell K's but the deal didn't quite work out.
Pete, OK ... there's a thought if your mate was willing to dabble with the Arcs.

Everyone, some nice standmounts there. Thanks ever so much.
Andy

Oh and Jezmond, are you offering making a cash offer? ;-)

advertisement

Back