advertisement

For lovers of Felt

badlyread

pfm Member
MvPKS3H.jpg

Release is late February. £8.96 each if you order lots direct from Cherry Red.

More Felt reissues but at least they are cheap.

I bought the first 5 CD boxes a few years back (the Lawrence autographed ones), I never got around to getting the remaining 5 as they were just too expensive!

Sounds like a bit of bargain - I have a large felt-shaped hole in my collection but if those are the covers of the reissues, they're s*** and I'll go and look out originals.

I find the endless Felt re-issues frustrating to say the least. It's great that they're available of course, but I already have all of it, much of it in multiple copies - as I guess most Felt fans do. What I'm missing is a few of the singles, but they're always overlooked and of course very expensive second hand. To make matters worse most of the original singles I have are abysmal pressings.

Bubblegum Perfume and Gold Mine Trash may have the singles you are missing if you don’t mind them on CD rather than vinyl (depends if you are after the 10 and 10 or just the music).

I quite like the new covers. I have the original CDs already (some had 2 albums on one CD) but interested in how good the new remastering is compared to the original.

The A sides yes, but alas some of the B sides have never been re-issued.

As for mastering, I thought the last lot were an improvement on the originals, CD and vinyl, especially the Creation ones. I won't be buying any of these though.

I do quite like that Lawrence sees his back catalogue as a work in progress.

advertisement

Back