advertisement

For anyone who's after a PS5, Xbox, PC GPU etc

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
I downloaded the Hotstock app on my phone to receive text alerts when a company has PS5s in stock. Nothing much happened for a few days, I then paid for the premium version (£5 a month) and got a PS5 very quickly (within hours). It was strange because in a panic I messed up the payment process twice in a row (on my phone). Knowing that PlayStations sell out in a few minutes at most (scalper bots), I logged into my pc whilst still holding my phone and found there were no PlayStations on AO.com :(, but the link I got from Hotstock was still showing a PS5 for sale at AO! After about 5 minutes of messing around I managed to purchase the PS5 on my phone. Very odd! I can only think they had or have a deal with them.

Someone also recommended Twitter for PS5 stock updates (PS5 UK Stock - Instant Updates is supposed to be good). That's free and quite possibly quicker than the Hotstock alerts.

For those who don't know, scalpers are buying PS5s (and other stuff) and selling them on eBay for around double the money, and it's incredibly difficult for most people to actually get hold of them.

advertisement

Back