Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Footwear - all purpose thread for footwear

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gintonic, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I just know they are there.

Birks have a very pronounced arch support which suits me perfectly.

2. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

they do, and they should be ideal for me.....but the arch support is in the wrong place for my foot anatomy.

3. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Who had a pair of trendy clogs in the 70s then? You know, big fat wooden sole with a leather upper stapled on.
    I had a white leather pair but with my high instep the leather was too painful across the top of my foot so I hardly wore them, pity they looked so cool with my bell-bottom denim suit :D

MUTTY1 likes this.
  4. antinchip

antinchip pfm Member

Most (edit) bases covered;

Charles Tyrwhitt leather chukka boots
    Timberland nubuck chukka boots
    Loake suede brogues
    Clarks leather brogues
    Timberland leather boat shoes
    Timberland walking shoes
    Keen walking boots
    Toggi "leather" wellies
    Brakeburn cork flip flops
    Brakeburn cork sliders
    Head webbing walking sandals
    Clarks canvas pumps
    Reebok water shoes
    Crocs with detachable woolly linings (garden - winter)
    Crocs sandals (garden - summer)

5. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

gintonic likes this.
  6. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I find the soft bed ones immediately comfortable, the classic ones take a while to break in whilst the cork moulds to my feet.

7. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

I had a pair in blue leather that wrapped around the back; they were great but not much cop for driving. Mine were of Scandi origin unlike one of my fellow students who always wore Northern Industrial Clogs.

8. gintonic

no Trickers - plenty of scope for more coverage

antinchip likes this.
  9. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I am pretty much exclusively wearing Nike Air Max 90's and Air Force 1's; have three pairs that I designed myself.

Have some Arctic Sport Muck Boots for fishing when the weather is bad (otherwise it's Air Max 90's) and some dress shoes if someone forces me to wear some trousers.

10. gintonic

boon likes this.
  11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Mine are these…

[​IMG]

…which as you can see, grip around the ankle. Difficult to ‘slip on’, but once on are comfortable. You need to use the Vivo foot sizing thing to get the right size, but once done, great.

I have found that because I am using my whole foot, and feeling the ground under my feet, I am changing the way I walk to a more upright, less hands in pockets type of position which I think has helped with various foot and back issues

James Evans likes this.
  12. gintonic

that is me - mine is due to a congenital defect in relation to my achiles tendons. I have to concentrate so hard on where i walk and watch carefully for uneven surfaces. I have twisted my left ankle twice this year and my right ankle once. i have little in the way of ligaments attached, nerve damage and poor blood supply.....had physio from the age of 6, was told i would have severe mobility problems by the age of 18 - got to about 55 before problems started to emerge.......i can no longer drive a manual car, due to the damage in my left ankle

I wear these splints:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GHTMR76/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

although i should say i am not very good at remembering to use them all the time.

i find these On Running pretty supportive and comfortable and the splints fit them

https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/products/cloudventure-waterproof/mens/denim-midnight

they are really made for trail running, but i use them as everyday wear. The soles last about 2-2.5 years in a normal urban (street) environment.....

James Evans likes this.
  13. gintonic

just found these - so maybe the collection is bigger than i thought. All comfy but really bad for my ankles......

[​IMG]20220623_142153 by uh_simon, on Flickr

14. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Thanks, those are one of the ONs I had on my radar. Handy splint recommendation as well. I'm using Bauerfeind MalleoTrain Plus ones, as recommended by my physio, which are handed, so need one for each foot and not sodding cheap, although looking now the prices seem to have nearly doubled!

15. gintonic

James Evans likes this.
  16. boneman

boneman pfm Member

I have the gen1 version of those and they are really nice. The ground feel is for sure a game-changer in how you use your feet. In fact I haven't bought anything but Vivos for the most part in years and for running it's a pair of 5 fingers or barefoot when warm!

ks.234 likes this.
  17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Running is a thing of the past for these knees

18. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

[​IMG]

The most comfortable shoe ever made. Admittedly they only last two weeks but, wow, what a fortnight.

19. Jezzer

Jezzer Passionate

3 pairs of formal shoes from Barker (2 x brogues - 1 Oxford - in tan and dark brown)
    1 pair of formal shoes from Browns (black brogues)
    1 pair of walking shoes from Jack Wolfskin and another from North Face (black and grey)
    1 pair Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 39 (running) (light grey)
    1 pair Nike React Trail (wet running) (black)
    1 pair of Nike Air Vapour Max (casual) (dark green)
    1 pair of Nike Cortez (turquoise and red)
    3 pairs of adidas Ultra Boost (in grey, green and navy - running, general sports and comfort)
    1 pair of Common Projects (cream suede)
    1 pair of Bally Asher (white)
    1 pair of Axel Arigato Clean 90 (black)
    3 pairs of Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 (white, cream, different colour stripes)
    2 pairs of flip flops or ‘thongs’ if you don’t speak proper English

20. gintonic

which model?

I have three pairs of On Running. The waterproof ones are good, others lack the support I need, and the last pair the rise is not right for me feet and kills my ankles