advertisement

Food Dehydrators

The machine has landed. She’s got some strips of chicken in there already and so far, so good.

I realise there isn’t much interest but I thought I would post an update for any lurker who might be. :)

The machine she bought is fine. We have coffee jars now with dog treats comprising dried chicken breast, heart and liver.

I realise there isn’t much interest but I thought I would post an update for any lurker who might be. :)

The machine she bought is fine. We have coffee jars now with dog treats comprising dried chicken breast, heart and liver.

Highly fashionable if you have an allotment too.

Still getting on fine with this machine.

The selection has been heart, liver, kidney, lung, carrot, sweet pots, ox cheek, fish skin and chicken breast. I’m pretty sure this lot is better than crap like gravy bones, dog biscuits and whatever other ‘manufactured’ rubbish on the market.

Which machine did you buy and when are you going to start producing backpacking meals commercially?
It’s a cheap machine, ‘Aicok’, 30 odd quid from Amazon.

She doesn’t have any interest in using it for stuff for us to eat but it really is sound for dog treats. She has some salmon in there right now for a high value dog treat, she had to do something with that in the normal oven first to kill off some gremlins or other.

Naturally, if she started to produce ‘food’ commercially she would have to add all manner of rubbish to it and it would instantly become crap. :D

Last edited:
Just an update to say the machine gets used most weeks, sometimes more than once per week. I did some chicken in it yesterday and tomorrow I plan to dry some liver.

Here is a pic of liver, heart, sprat and chicken skin all dried in the device. A brilliant one is dried lung but due to being stuck in I’m not able to get that at the moment.

Is that fishing bait or do you keep dogs? Dried lung :eek:

What's wrong with banana, tomato, jerk chicken and Thai pork?

Is that fishing bait or do you keep dogs? Dried lung :eek:

What's wrong with banana, tomato, jerk chicken and Thai pork?
Nothing wrong with banana, she gets banana every time I scoff one.

We don't give her tomato.

advertisement

Back