advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

Have we had any black musicians on the thread? I'm not sure we have tbh.

Sounds like she's been listening to that Elliott bloke whatshisface here, but a decent ditty this?

Maccar, can we make sure your folk thread doesn't go as leftfield as throat singing please? Im bailing out if so. I fkn hate throat singing me. Its the worst noise humans have ever made in 2m years.

Maccar, can we make sure your folk thread doesn't go as leftfield as throat singing please? Im bailing out if so. I fkn hate throat singing me. Its the worst noise humans have ever made in 2m years.
Afraid I have no control of the content posted, just as long as it's remotely Folk/Acoustic I'm fine with that, don't bale out, just skip what you don't like.
I do quite like the video below from SP25 as it happens., but I have heard some that is a bit teadious
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Andy Irvine Paul Brady album ... Saw them play album at Celtic connections a few years back and Paul said they had recorded the album but never toured it so that concert was their first live performance.

Sibylle Baier colour green... She recorded on home tape to tape and her son a producer and musician discovered years later .... Rough but beautiful .. CD and pressing ultrarare expensive but on streaming

King Creosote, Findlay Napier, Vashti Bunyan, Richard Thompson, Karine polwart, unthanks but most mentioned

Andy Irvine Paul Brady album ... Saw them play album at Celtic connections a few years back and Paul said they had recorded the album but never toured it so that concert was their first live performance.

Sibylle Baier colour green... She recorded on home tape to tape and her son a producer and musician discovered years later .... Rough but beautiful .. CD and pressing ultrarare expensive but on streaming

King Creosote, Findlay Napier, Vashti Bunyan, Richard Thompson, Karine polwart, unthanks but most mentioned
Must have been a bit special
Loving the new Unthanks album

Afraid I have no control of the content posted, just as long as it's remotely Folk/Acoustic I'm fine with that, don't bale out, just skip what you don't like.
I do quite like the video below from SP25 as it happens., but I have heard some that is a bit teadious

:) only kidding with the innuit throat songs! I'm confident you won't allow such aural ghastliness on your thread maccar.

Back to basics, just to make sure the ship's firmly on course..

Sarah Jarosz is finding her spot I think. I like her big octave mandolin, gives her a slight distinctive sound (4 strings effectively, with an extra string an octave up tucked in next to each too.. I bet lou Barlow likes this).

More recent this/ getting more confident it seems? (she's playing this same guitar, & the solo bit too)

Ooberman is not new to me, however I've been filling some gaps in my collection. This album is utterly enchanting; truly beautiful melodies and songs.

advertisement

Back