advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

Just discovered Simon Mayer.

Also have a listen to his version of Carolan...
Mate of mine is having a look at the guitar in the videos with a view to buying it, hence my awareness of his music suddenly.
More normally Simon is part of the Mandolinquents:

So many great artists already.
I get a lot of pleasure from seeing music played in small venues, Just a few I've seen and loved "recently"
  • Martyn Joseph - his "live albums" also are more immediate for me
  • The Bookshop Band
  • Katherine Priddy - Who has Richard Thompson as a big fan, and who supported his recent tour
  • George Boomsma - we saw accompanying Katherine Priddy (perfectly) but a talent in his own right
  • Belshazzar's Feast - at least nominally folk music. very very funny, tends to go off in multiple directions - two of the most talented musicians I've heard
  • Daphne's Flight - just beautiful singing

So many great artists already.
I get a lot of pleasure from seeing music played in small venues, Just a few I've seen and loved "recently"
  • Martyn Joseph - his "live albums" also are more immediate for me
  • The Bookshop Band
  • Katherine Priddy - Who has Richard Thompson as a big fan, and who supported his recent tour
  • George Boomsma - we saw accompanying Katherine Priddy (perfectly) but a talent in his own right
  • Belshazzar's Feast - at least nominally folk music. very very funny, tends to go off in multiple directions - two of the most talented musicians I've heard
  • Daphne's Flight - just beautiful singing

Excellent list of artists there, particularly like Miss Priddy, album of the year probably for me
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

advertisement

Back