advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

Anyone mentioned Roy Harper yet? We went on a day trip to Lytham St Anne’s a few weeks ago and there was an information board about him in the park along with ones for all the other famous local residents past and present. Reading it I couldn’t understand why I’d never heard a single song by him before. I’m into quite a few of his peers. Just downloaded Sophisticated Beggar last night and it’s wonderful folk guitar music. Lyrics a bit folky/hippy clichéd for 1966 but that guitar playing....wow. Can highly recommended.

Anyone mentioned Roy Harper yet? We went on a day trip to Lytham St Anne’s a few weeks ago and there was an information board about him in the park along with ones for all the other famous local residents past and present. Reading it I couldn’t understand why I’d never heard a single song by him before. I’m into quite a few of his peers. Just downloaded Sophisticated Beggar last night and it’s wonderful folk guitar music. Lyrics a bit folky/hippy clichéd for 1966 but that guitar playing....wow. Can highly recommended.
Try Folkjokeopus:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folkjokeopus

Thanks for sharing, always good to hear things like this... as for Roy Harper, I may have mentioned him somewhere amon these 48 pages, but if I haven't, I should have.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

I think with Roy Harper Folkjokeopus is a good starting point, as I think that was when Roy really found his sound.

advertisement

Back