advertisement

flexible speaker cable for Naim

dektop1

hi All, i'm reinstalling my hifi system after it was packed up for home renovations. I really want to get away from using the Naim A5 cable that i have - it's just too infuriating making it go where you want. So it's time to change. Can i get some suggestions at low to medium budget? Thanks.

All the above, and I think humble old QED 79 has the right electrical characteristics too. Linn K20 is the same cable as NACA 4, if that helps the decision process. Both are branded versions of the same low voltage lighting cable manufactured by BICC and sold to the Army by the mile for lighting army camps, and both will run speakers on Naim amps.

For naim classic and newer you can use pretty much any cable, Olive and Chrome Bumper is where you need to be careful with inductance, capacitance and resistance.

I also recommend Linn K20, while I also like the NACA5, hate the blasted stiffness of it. I’ve used the K20 for years and see no reason to change it. Other cables mentioned above also great choices. Don’t get too mental about it, buy what fits your budget.

Yeah, really, I had a couple of five metre lengths, it's flatish OK(alot thicker than the Nordost blue heaven) but I didn't think it was very flexible, the Chord rumour or Odyssey though round section is very flexible, bends easy around tight corners ,etc

Yeah, really, I had a couple of five metre lengths, it's flatish OK(alot thicker than the Nordost blue heaven) but I didn't think it was very flexible, the Chord rumour or Odyssey though round section is very flexible, bends easy around tight corners ,etc
Agreed and I've yet to find anything else worth spending the money on to better it. It's better than Naca5 too

Ok.. I’ve had many chord and Tq offerings and prefer Tq but all to their own

As above...
Linn K20 with soldered Deltron plugs. Cheap as chips.
Or used NACA4, which is essentially the same, from the 'bay for the price of a decent curry.

advertisement

Back