advertisement

FLAC replay on the Mac.

Maxbertola

pfm Member
Hi all,

a friend has given me (removed TL) in FLAC 24/96, I am eager to play them but iTunes ignores FLAC.
I have a Mac: what is the simplest solution to replay 24/96 FLAC with a Mac without conversion/downsampling or the like?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions,
Max

(I mean, I know about Audirvana or other softwares, but I would rather not buy something costly since I have no intention yet to go streaming properly... Just want to replay the B. enjoying HD)

A program such as XLD will convert them to Apple Lossless which can then be played in iTunes. It only needs doing once so is no issue, and as it's lossless there is no loss!

PS I've edited the opening post as it could as it stood perhaps be interpreted as software piracy / copyright theft. As a legitimate music seller pfm has to stand very firmly against copyright theft or the promotion of same. Discussing the technical issues is fine, the implication of use is not.

A program such as XLD will convert them to Apple Lossless which can then be played in iTunes. It only needs doing once so is no issue, and as it's lossless there is no loss!

PS I've edited the opening post as it could as it stood perhaps be interpreted as software piracy / copyright theft. As a legitimate music seller pfm has to stand very firmly against copyright theft or the promotion of same. Discussing the technical issues is fine, the implication of use is not.

Ops, you're right. I hadn't thought of it. Sorry for the mention. And it is not 24/96 but only 24/44.1...

M

Well, I've tried Vox and it apparently deserves the highest evaluation: it's free, it's light, has a simple nice interface, as soon as I have asked it to reply my FLAC files it has done it flawlessly, shows the bit-rate and artwork properly and has immediately seen my wife's Marantz Consolette in AirPlay.

I'm so satisfied that I have gladly donated €2.69 so that now I also have good Internet Radio.

Highly recommended, thanks.
M

advertisement

Back