advertisement

First Turntable: Rega P1 vs Project T1?

Buying a child a TT is not something I would do. It is like saying, "welcome to world of paranoia & misery". ;)

I gave my eldest son a turntable when he was four. Crap plastic one but it cost me nothing. He was very careful with it and could use it fine. I think I replaced that with Systemdek 1, something like that, but his interest in turntables didn't last. He mostly listened to the radio then when my sister bought them all ipods it was game over.

Something used would be my choice. Sony did a DD job to compete with the 1200, these come along for tenners. Or a TD 150 blows any low range rega or project away.

^ I had my first music centre thing around this age and 40 plus years later all the records have survived intact.....
I was about 8-9 years old when I had my first deck (actually part of a cheap midi system), all of my vinyl and my parent’s is still in tact too... and it’s quite a wonderful feeling popping on a record you had when you were 8 years old, 27 years later, brings back good memories.

advertisement

Back