Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] First car for 17yr old learning to drive, anyone selling?

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Peter McDermott, Jan 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

black box fitted today , took a half of the dashboard off so glad it was an old banger , i would have been having kittens if it was a posh one !!!

2. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Odd. Usually the box is just double side taped onto the top of the car battery!

3. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Again, thanks for the helpful advice. Peter

4. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

I bought one of these for my son. The car belonged to a friend's mother who clocked up about 20,000 in ten years. Great reliable machine.

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

mmm thats interesting . no this one is well and truly tamperproof !! in fact its a pain in the neck if we want to upgrade this car , it will have to be taken out as its got a record of mileage , and he is only able to do 6000 miles as a condition of insurance

6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

what i find so helpful in choosing a car is you can check the entire mot history for that car , check the mileage done at each mot and just suss out a bit . marvellous tool

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

7. julesd68

julesd68 pfm Member

Thanks very much for that, am looking at buying a car at the moment and I've now been able to see it's MOT history and advisories ... :)

hifinutt likes this.
  8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes , glad about that . its a really good service .

9. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

Selling...you can have my 17 year old for free it will save me a fortune.

10. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Am in full agreement: failed his theory today and he was not happy at all, really enjoyed the drive home from the test centre...........

To be fair he's mortified and not looking forward to telling his friends ( probably has already ).

11. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

That's a shame I feel for him. My sons first car was an old Rover 25 which lasted a full 18mths. Nice cheap little car and did the job. Wish him the best on retry.

12. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

took my nipper 5 attempts and probably over a grand in lessons to pass , friend also took 5 attempts but one gets there in the end . i feel sorry for anyone learning to drive with all the nutters on the road .

Peter McDermott likes this.
  13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

...and double declutching?

14. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Strangely no, the first thing I had to fix was the gearbox - after that it was as smooth as any fifties BMC 4 speed 3 synchromesh box......