advertisement

firmware update adds gapless to Pioneer N-50

Werner

pfm Member
Sometimes good things seem to happen.

Ever since buying an N-50 streamer I had a love/hate relationship with it, slowly gliding down to hate due to its lack of gapless playback (even from the USB input).

Two days ago Pioneer released an update fixing this, and other issues.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/N-50-S/page.html

I still have to try it. Probably something for next week.

That's one off the list. Now waiting for a major revision to the Fujifilm X-E1 ...

Sometimes good things seem to happen.

Ever since buying an N-50 streamer I had a love/hate relationship with it, slowly gliding down to hate due to its lack of gapless playback (even from the USB input).

Two days ago Pioneer released an update fixing this, and other issues.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/N-50-S/page.html

I still have to try it. Probably something for next week.

That's one off the list. Now waiting for a major revision to the Fujifilm X-E1 ...

Great. Thank you so much for posting this link. I haven't tried it yet - I've got visitors at the moment - but will give it a go at the weekend.

- Richard.

So hang on, are you telling me that they put out a streamer that COULDN'T do gapless playback. Are they still in the 20C? What an astonishing oversight...

Japan Inc. remains hopeless when it comes to software and user interfaces ...

I did do a quick test yesterday.

It is mandatory to update both the N50 and the ControlApp on the iThing or Droid.

Then it plays indeed gapless. If controlled by ControlApp. It fails with 8player.
Now ControlApp has improved in that it now uses the full screen and is significantly faster in accessing the music db on the server. But it is, by far, not fast enough. 8player still runs circles around it, and that is with album art.

At least the update process itself went smoothly.

Just the one.

Thanks. It updated successfully. However, the control app no longer works on my Nexus7. I uninstalled it and re-installed, and downloaded the update, but I can now only see one entry instead of the previous four, and cannot scroll down to make a selection.

Any suggestions?

- Richard.

Thanks. It updated successfully. However, the control app no longer works on my Nexus7. I uninstalled it and re-installed, and downloaded the update, but I can now only see one entry instead of the previous four, and cannot scroll down to make a selection.

Any suggestions?

- Richard.

After a couple more uninstall/re-install/download cycles it's working now.

- Richard.

I remember seeing a Pioneer note suggesting exactly that.

But alas, in my case it all went smoothly.

advertisement

Back