advertisement

Finally . . . LP12/Moth RB301?

Thank you!

That's good to read, as I bought the table in question - it's a (mostly) LP12 with Valhalla, Cirkus, and the Moth arm. Custom made plinth, which made me a bit hesitant, but it was $1005 USD for the complete package. I'll probably put the AT VM95ML I have coming on it (ordered for a Revolver TT I have).
Yes got a solid deal there buddy, bet it’ll sound great!

The OEM Rega arms I've seen, Moth etc, all seem to be identical to the Rega branded ones. The exception is the arms on the Goldring turntables. I've had two of those and both needed the bearings adjusted as they were way too tight.

Also I wonder if it's possible to fit a DIN-socket into a Rega arm -during the process of a re-wire ?
Bc I think probably to be able to use an SME style 90° plug would be probably a good thing
in an LP12 or say a 160 as well ?

A 5 pin 'din' plug fitting is listed on the Audio Origami website as an option of the re-wiring service.
However, it appears to be a vertically orientated version.

Mike Kelshaw

A 5 pin 'din' plug fitting is listed on the Audio Origami website as an option of the re-wiring service.
However, it appears to be a vertically orientated version.

Mike Kelshaw

Yes,well..if a DIN socket does fit into the arm (which I didn't know..)
then you can plug in any style DIN plug straight, 90° to it you like.

So for people with space issues underneath the deck OR
suspended decks sensible to cable routing, it's nice to know the Rega works in that respect.
(or can me made work very well..)

Also I wonder if it's possible to fit a DIN-socket into a Rega arm -during the process of a re-wire ?
Bc I think probably to be able to use an SME style 90° plug would be probably a good thing in an LP12 or say a 160 as well ?
There are a couple of issues with doing this, the worst of them being that there isn't enough depth within the Rega pillar for the M-DIN to be recessed such that the cable F-DIN plug can be securely locked into the pillar via a grub screw (or via interferance fit of the plug). Certainly, the M-DIN can be so locked (see note below) via the existing grub screw that holds Rega's wiring harness plug in, but the external plug will need be a good tight fit onto the pins (especially so on suspended sub-chassis decks); not always a given, IME.

Seems a fool's errand compared to hard wired, really.

NOTE: DIN 'cores' are too small for Rega vertical bearing housings, necessitating the use of a custom sleeve (i.e. the black ring round the white DIN below).

2hrHAvyGBHBYd4WzCG0y0Uq5LxajCk4LPXJNWY5NGkWwTr1L5_rTS6nSz0KJmXknixb8mJhjYGQ8qabjviKPRVgQOyC4j7tWNo0uqvQ3qZYH3oPIYnFb3H-r2sGOc5Q56A7-FiEDVZ8

advertisement

Back