Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally . . . LP12/Moth RB301?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bob Edwards, Jun 7, 2021.

1. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Yes got a solid deal there buddy, bet it’ll sound great!

Bob Edwards likes this.
  2. cromodora

cromodora foshfishfie

Hard to forget cork rings that easily detach from round brown paper.
    One of my worst vfm hifi purchases.

3. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

The OEM Rega arms I've seen, Moth etc, all seem to be identical to the Rega branded ones. The exception is the arms on the Goldring turntables. I've had two of those and both needed the bearings adjusted as they were way too tight.

4. mjkelshaw

mjkelshaw pfm Member

A 5 pin 'din' plug fitting is listed on the Audio Origami website as an option of the re-wiring service.
    However, it appears to be a vertically orientated version.

Mike Kelshaw

torstoi likes this.
  5. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Yes,well..if a DIN socket does fit into the arm (which I didn't know..)
    then you can plug in any style DIN plug straight, 90° to it you like.

So for people with space issues underneath the deck OR
    suspended decks sensible to cable routing, it's nice to know the Rega works in that respect.
    (or can me made work very well..)

6. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

There are a couple of issues with doing this, the worst of them being that there isn't enough depth within the Rega pillar for the M-DIN to be recessed such that the cable F-DIN plug can be securely locked into the pillar via a grub screw (or via interferance fit of the plug). Certainly, the M-DIN can be so locked (see note below) via the existing grub screw that holds Rega's wiring harness plug in, but the external plug will need be a good tight fit onto the pins (especially so on suspended sub-chassis decks); not always a given, IME.

Seems a fool's errand compared to hard wired, really.

NOTE: DIN 'cores' are too small for Rega vertical bearing housings, necessitating the use of a custom sleeve (i.e. the black ring round the white DIN below).

[​IMG]

Mr Pig, torstoi and Bob Edwards like this.
  7. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Thanks Craig, indeed doesn't look a great idea if it cannot be made stay put safely.

Craig B likes this.