advertisement

Final link completed?

cctaylor

pfm Member
I have previously posted about my updated Bolt-down Naim tri-amp setup. Witch Hat worked their magic with their servicing and updates to enable dual rail supplies to the 32 and NAXO from two SNAPs PSUs.

All the interconnects between the Naim components were in Witch Hat Morgana except the SNAIC 5 between the 32 and its SNAPS. It had been my intention to get a Morgana but recently remembered that some time ago I had bought a power only SNAIC 5, made by Flashback, a while back from a fellow Fishie. I had intended using it with my 62/160/ SNAPS setup but never got round to it and the SNAPS was added to the Tri-amp system anyway.

So out with the grey SNAIC and in with the Flashback cable. There is a distinct improvement in the clarity and detail in the sound after changing this cable and removing the signal wires from the power on this connection. There is a clear advantage in separating the signal wires from the power supply cables.

I took the end covers off the Flashback cable to check that it was wired the way I thought it was. The quality of the wiring is excellent and cannot be faulted. What a loss to the HiFi community it is that Dave is no longer with us producing such well made cables.

advertisement

Back