advertisement

Filters for Bronica Sq

Evo

pfm Member
Morning all.
Can I ask whether anyone uses a Bronica SQ and, if so, their choice of filters? I'm after buying a filter holder and some square filters. Is there any advice as to which system might suit best? I currently only have the 80mm lense which is a 62mm diameter but I'm after the 135mm lense and then perhaps the 50mm.
Thanks in advance!

I have an SQ-A, I already had a set of 72mm screw-on ND filters and polariser, so I have just used those with step rings.

I think most of the original S lenses had the same thread diamter (67mm), but the later PS lenses vary in filter thread size.

If you want to use Grads then a square system will be required to allow positioning of the graduation transisition. I would go for a decent 100mm system as the 50mm PS lens is 77mm (original 50mm S lens is 67mm) and would be very tight on an 85mm system. The big issue with a square system is the ability (or lack of) to use a hood, though Bronica did make a professional hood with a 67mm filter ring that allows a 75mm square filter to be dropped in. BTW I have one of these for sale (I acquired it from an auction job lot sale, but don't want it), if you are interested, I can pop it in the Classifieds

bkiTC94h.jpg

ZHqmVwOh.jpg

htq4WKGh.jpg

Thanks Mr Perceptive, that's exactly the info I was after. It sounds like I'll be going for a 100mm system and It'll be my first foray into nd filters. I'm interested in the hood you have so please feel free to pop it in the classifieds.
Thanks again for the advice.
Chris

Thanks Mr Perceptive, that's exactly the info I was after. It sounds like I'll be going for a 100mm system and It'll be my first foray into nd filters. I'm interested in the hood you have so please feel free to pop it in the classifieds.
Thanks again for the advice.
Chris

I've popped it in the classified, but just remember it is designed to work with a 75mm filter (drop in slot), so won't fit an third party 100mm system

Reactions: Evo
Morning all.
Can I ask whether anyone uses a Bronica SQ and, if so, their choice of filters? I'm after buying a filter holder and some square filters. Is there any advice as to which system might suit best? I currently only have the 80mm lense which is a 62mm diameter but I'm after the 135mm lense and then perhaps the 50mm.
Thanks in advance!
Try looking at Lee Filters, they do a 100 system which I used with my Mamiya 645 when I had it, I still use this system on my Nikon D850 along with the Lee 150 system for my 14-24 f2.8, they are not cheap, but imo they are the most adaptable and best. WEX photographic also sell them secondhand when they are available, Park cameras sometimes do clearance lines.

Reactions: Evo

advertisement

Back