advertisement

[FS/SWAP] Fender AVRI ‘76 Jazz Bass

Tony L

Administrator
Up for grabs is a beautiful 2005 American Vintage Reissue Series Jazz bass in natural with rosewood neck:

42286261214_85637b84b7_b.jpg

42286261194_67ba3beaec_b.jpg

It is in superb condition (no dings, belt-rash etc) and has its case and I think much of its case candy. I am not the original owner so can’t say for sure. It is a lovely bass which sounds just like a Jazz Bass, though be warned it has an incredibly thin nut-width (exactly right for its year), so if like me you like more of a baseball bat this may not be for you! Its currently strung with decent flats of some description (I haven’t changed them!) and plays very well with a nice low fast action, though I can set it up however you like if you are not confident adjusting guitars.

£1200 or swaps for something interesting and ideally collectable.

Very nice! Re-issue of a mid 70s jazz I think with the three bolt micro tilt neck mounting and the neck pickup moved pack a bit to add more punch.
The Fender flats have/had green ends so probably those. If it had been in CAR I’d be struggling!
GLWS

Time for a bump as it is still sitting here in its case! A really superb bass, I just prefer my lighter, simpler and far fatter-necked Shergold.

The probability of this being a lot better built than an actual 1976 Jazz is very high...

I'd have it, but already have three Jazzes, so best not

GLWS. Have you tried Basschat?

Have you tried Basschat?

No, but I’m in no huge rush. To be honest I’m hoping someone will offer me something interesting for it!

I’d swap it for a nice Les Paul Junior, Telecaster, really clean boxed SME 3012, probably many things. I need to dig it out and give it a setup as it has been sat in its case a long while now (it will be fine, it is in a dry temperature stable place).

It's such a nice bass, I keep looking at it! Would certainly get snapped up over at Basschat.

advertisement

Back