advertisement

[FS] Fender Ash/Flame Maple PJ Fretless Bass

claire.foxx

-⃝⃤
I have a fretless Precision Jazz with either EMG Active or Seymour Duncan Quarter pounder pups (depends on if you’d like an active bass or not) Fender tuners, hipshot badass 4 heavy bridge, brass nut and a lovely flamed maple neck. Fender neck plate. Rosewood marker-less fingerboard (be warned the side dots are not for fretless)

Current strings are LaBella Heavy flatwounds.

It’s not a proper Fender PJ (the hokey decal *definitely* wasn’t my idea) parts were sourced here and there ebay, basschat, talkbass — but it’s a lovely ash body bass and in beautiful condition. weight is 5.4kg. It so rarely gets used in my Punk Rock Project. (A middle 8 so far in one out of 10 songs — and that was kinda unnecessary). The profile of the neck is very comfy and it has a great tone. Just clearing wall space.

The neck is bolted using stainless steel bolt inserts and this is good for sustain and tone and general sturdiness. It’s also a good low action and the bass has a really satisfying growl.

Looking for £399 shipped (which is less than the cost of the parts). Also comes with a tatty but safe for shipping gator case.

D773B1D5-B925-4395-BE12-2A4F1133FE84.jpeg.99af768b4b001be4af94d256a9c9b798.jpeg

20C0B7C2-AC5F-4AA2-B099-93E30ADFE8C1.jpeg.3e7e5572472a4e15ce6c986c51f9c82f.jpeg

4CDB662E-C77F-497D-B748-3F43AF03D92F.jpeg.254c5e0b07e60c3968f715b4f871d326.jpeg

Last edited:
Good heavens; I'd be all over this if I hadn't bought the last bass Claire offered for sale here!

I'd just add - whomsoever picks this beauty up can be assured of a thing that is not only a bargain: but also meticulously put-together and set-up; a real joy to play. Claire Does Bass.

I’m still toying with keeping this one, its a delicious extravagance and the foo foo-iest of foo foo basses, if a bit heavy for me, but thats old-grade American Ash for you. if I keep it I have to let go of the Peavey Cirrus 5 or the G&L ASAT Telecaster semi-hollow. I just wish I was the type that had one bass, but I’m not.

Upside of an unlined fretless is people new to fretless are encouraged to not look at the bass when playing so it needs to be super tactile.

I feel like basses a bit like clothes, you need a few really, to look right on the night. here’s my G&L ASAT.

F81-CDEF3-AE09-4-F90-B82-E-8152-FA60-B92-A.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, surprised this is still here!! (is it??!) I saw your ad on Bass Chat too.... Just 'asking for a friend', but what is the nut width please? :)

advertisement

Back