advertisement

Feeling Sympathy for the Daily Mail!? WTF!?

No paper should make unsubstantiated accusations and ruin someone's career just because they don't agree with their views.
Race, religion or whatever, prejudice is unacceptable (even Tories & toffs).
I do think and have always thought, that people need to learn respect for those that choose a different POV, and if you can't, then just keep your jibes to yourself. People are much better when allowed to rub along together in peace without someone pointing out differences.

One day we may have a more mature world, but I doubt it'll be soon.

No paper should make unsubstantiated accusations and ruin someone's career just because they don't agree with their views.
I do think and have always thought, that people need to learn respect for those that choose a different POV, and if you can't, then just keep your jibes to yourself. People are much better when allowed to rub along together in peace without someone pointing out differences.

Very noble, but charlatanry is charlatanry and superstitious mumbo-jumbo is superstitious mumbo-jumbo whichever way you cut it, and should be mocked and derided mercilessly at all times.

Chris

Very noble, but charlatanry is charlatanry and superstitious mumbo-jumbo is superstitious mumbo-jumbo whichever way you cut it, and should be mocked and derided mercilessly at all times.

Chris

Ah but yes , this is the interesting thing about this case .The truth is an absolute defence to libel , yet by the contents of the report it would appear the Daily Mail have conceded the issue and given in without a trial !!!

Once as to ask why ?

The mind boggles! There must be more to this, how could they lose a case where someone would have had to prove they where Psychic?

Ah but yes , this is the interesting thing about this case .The truth is an absolute defence to libel , yet by the contents of the report it would appear the Daily Mail have conceded the issue and given in without a trial !!!

Once as to ask why ?

Unless they could back up the assertion that hidden earphone was in use, they were actually daft to print it.
I'm not a lawyer and probably know more about conversational Klingon than the niceties of libel law, but my understanding is that the claimant is not obliged to prove anything. The burden of proof is on the defendant. So the Mail has to show that the charlatan was using an earpiece. The charlatan does not have to show she is psychic.

Chris

Really?? Right on bro'.

Do you realy believe a 'mature' world will have psychics in it?

Or do you speak to the dead too?

The Mail has to prove that alleged charlatan was receiving information via the earpiece, as the presence of an earpiece alone isn't proof of anything. The Mail presumably has to prove that the spirits communicate by Bluetooth, and therefore the whole thing is a con. Hmmm...

Really?? Right on bro'.

Do you realy believe a 'mature' world will have psychics in it?

Or do you speak to the dead too?

We'll have all sorts; Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Tree-Huggers, Eco Warriors, Spiritualists, and Psychics too I should think.
Unless you want to continue with a world that wages war constantly because of differing beliefs, then I suggest we start to give each other a little room. Then we'll have a mature world, so, Yes. What we hope to not have, is bigotry....'Bro'.

We'll have all sorts; Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Tree-Huggers, Eco Warriors, Spiritualists, and Psychics too I should think.
Unless you want to continue with a world that wages war constantly because of differing beliefs, then I suggest we start to give each other a little room. Then we'll have a mature world, so, Yes. What we hope to not have, is bigotry....'Bro'.

I agree, treat them all to equal degrees of derision, scorn & mockery.

Chris

We'll have a 'mature' world when those and other deluded nutters are all gone.

Don't hold your breath.

I'm not sure I would want a world where nobody believes in anything at all.
I wouldn't object to a world without the Mail.

advertisement

Back