advertisement

FC in an other case

Fireman

pfm Member
I bought an olive FC and ad it to my nait5 (black box)

Is it a good idea to rebuilt the FC in an other smaller case?

I would like to built it in a box with the measurements of 20cm with/ 14cm hight/ and 30 or 40 cm depth.

If it is a good idea and no problem for the quality of the FC, from what material must it consist of? metal/wood/plastic?

Do you have example of rebuilding some FC or other electronica stuff. (picture's please)

Fireman said:
Is it a good idea to rebuilt the FC in an other smaller case?

Why don't you save yourself the effort and buy a new Avondale SPX1? It's black, tiny and will significantly outperform a HC or FC.

SPX1.3thumb.jpg

SPX1.4thumb.jpg

It costs £350 and is available on sale or return, so nothing to lose.

http://www.avondaleaudio.com/

Regards,

Mus

He's got a point, your Flatcap should fetch £200 looking at dealers 2nd hand prices and it is a REALLY neat solution!

My question, is it a good idea or not?

And i don't want to spend more money for a power suply becouse when i will i could buy the HC ( Hi - Cap ). That 's already in a smaller case.

Does anybody have some pictures?

Fireman said:
My question, is it a good idea or not?

Not. Judging by your questions, it sounds like you are new to electronics? If this is the case, messing around with mains voltages is not a good first project.

Regards,

Mus

Fireman said:
If you see this:It must be no problem.

Maybe not but why bother? You could sell the FC for £200+ and with what a nice case would cost be almost at an SPX1. If you can't stretch to an SPX1 ready built have a look at:

http://www.acoustica.org.uk/

You could put together something much better than a FC for £200 if you have the necessary DIY skills.

Nice looking speakers BTW, were they a kit or your own design?

Regards,

Mus

An SPX couldn't ad on my nait5, is it? I thought only a *cap can ad to my nait5.

There speaker i designed by my self. Realy great speakers. Only my wife think there are to big for in the living room. So i'm sell these and build some new smaller one's

Fireman said:
An SPX couldn't ad on my nait5, is it? I thought only a *cap can ad to my nait5.

The SPX1 can be used with the Nait 5 no problem. In fact an SPX1 or APX2 can directly replace a FC or HC in any application, with considerable sonic benefits.

Regards,

Mus

advertisement

Back