Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite new album releases of 2022

Discussion in 'music' started by Miller-8, Feb 5, 2022.

1. caine

caine pfm Member

Orbital 30 Something

Caught it a few weeks ago on Qobuz. Managed to get back to it and listen again (purchased). Seems to build on Orbital 20. Some new tracks with smiley, twists and remixes. Really good; though I would say that as a lazy follower of orbital.

klfrs likes this.
  2. caine

caine pfm Member

DoomCannon: Renaissance

First time I've come across Dominic Canning and his quintet. Love the Sound.

3. caine

caine pfm Member

Royksopp have just released Profound Mysteries II. Personally not as keen on the 2nd album of 2022 as Profound Mysteries released earlier. Though suspect it’s a grower

4. kjb

kjb Losing my edge

Florist s/t

I've been streaming this a lot over the past week or so - melancholy indie folk with well crafted songs but with short, interspersed instrumental and ambient fragments - some touches of Grouper or the most recent Big Thief record in places

maccar and tuga like this.
  5. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Not much grabbed me this year, only thing getting multiple plays is the Steve Lacy album.

6. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Thee Sacred Souls, for me.

7. gordon

gordon self-righteous, but never right

Widowspeak - The Jacket

A bit of Beach House / Yo La Tengo vibe.

darrenyeats likes this.
  8. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Some dirty house jams from Jennifer Loveless on Around The World, a pretty much album length six track EP that never lets up after this opener...

\o/

9. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Arrived last week and really enjoying this Horace Andy - Midnight Scorchers

10. guey

guey pfm Member

11. mattykyuss

mattykyuss pfm Member

The new Mars Volta album.Very good ,a little change in style,but works so good.Got the cd,and it sounds amazing.

12. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

More an EP than a full LP, but no worse for it … DJ Black Low, Monate Wa Piano. He’s very much at the forefront of the Amapiano charge atm. It’s all about the signature bass tones for me :)