advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

My sympathies also.
We also lost Dad during the first lockdown; but thankfully when things had opened up a little more, so we could have a few more friends and family there.
Our music choices were a little more mainstream, it must be said. I don't think Mum would have gone for anything off Tilt, Bisch Bosch, or The Drift.

As for listening to the whole album - sometimes you need a hit of weird, and Tilt certainly is that.
I rarely listen to his later difficult albums; but when I do is has to be alone and very loud.

Just another next level Kangding Ray video. Turn up the bass...

‘As well as being available digitally and on vinyl, ULTRACHROMA will span art editions, a series of NFTs, a permaweb archive and an audiovisual installation.’

Nice to hear him getting weird again. I admit I much prefer his Raster Noton sound (Stabil) over his techno.

A suitably moody cover shot for Frost, an ep to follow 2021’s excellent debut album from pianist and post-classical composer Eydís Evensen...

a6hp5x-frost-preview-m3_550x550.jpg

Out on Sony offshoot XXIM last month, though as with their stealthy release of Hania Rani’s soundtrack to Venice: Infinitely Avantgarde a couple of months ago, seems to be d/l or streaming only for now.

advertisement

Back