advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

I usually run a mile from anything kooky, but I’ve had a soft spot for Aldous Harding since ‘Imagining My Man’, so Warm Chris showed up here today...

(It’s extra kooky, but I think I’m ok with that.)

I loved ‘Party’ but couldn’t get on with ‘Designer’. I’ve only had a quick listen to this but it sounds more like my kind of thing than the latter.

I loved ‘Party’ but couldn’t get on with ‘Designer’. I’ve only had a quick listen to this but it sounds more like my kind of thing than the latter.

Yup, I loved Party, but it took me ages (years) to get into Designer. While Warm Chris isn’t exactly a brave new sound for Aldous, it has a distinctly different feel.

Using Roon filters, my top most played albums from 2022 are:

Plex - Fazer
Born in the 60’s - Kid Loco
Spiritual Machine II - Our Lady Peace
Flicker - Andy Bell
The Jacket - Widowspeak

This string is really useful to me, who hasn't discovered ANY new music for at least 20 years! Plodding on, buying new Los Lobos issues and John Hiatt, etc.,with the odd dabble into turkish music and my usual Flamenco and Fado.
.....and Pat Metheny of course.
Thanks everyone.

Waiting on delivery of Band of Horses - Things are Great. This sounds promising.

"Stick your neck out for somebody else
They laugh in your face, and tell you to f*ck yourself"

Cracking band, been a fan since their amazing debut album ‘Everything all the Time’

I’ve not seen them live though, but can imagine they would excellent

Cracking band, been a fan since their amazing debut album ‘Everything all the Time’

I’ve not seen them live though, but can imagine they would excellent

It's definitely a grower, which are usually the best kind. I've never seen them live, except on video. Austin City Limits, I think.

advertisement

Back