advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

The Delines passed me by somehow, despite seeing there name on here a few times. A track came up on my Spotify Discover Weekly last week, I thought it was excellent.

Cheers BB

Looking forward to the new Aldous Harding album, heard some tracks already and she seems on form again...

Ants_from_Up_There_-_Black_Country%2C_New_Road.jpg

Ants from Up There - Black Country, New Road

Really like this one

Ok, I’ve got it now. A few listens on and this is a brillIant LP. Streets ahead of their debut for me. The first run of five tracks here are spellbinding.

I'm with this, I got the 4LP boxset, the 3rd and 4th records are live recordings which I have yet to listen to but the studio recordings are superb.

Ok, I’ve got it now. A few listens on and this is a brillIant LP. Streets ahead of their debut for me. The first run of five tracks here are spellbinding.

Cheating a bit, as it's a reissue, but the remaster of Torch Song's Toward The Unknown Region is worth it for the extra tracks.

Ten years after I got the deep house-y Kingdoms, a slow-burning dreamy new album from Fort Romeau, Beings of Light...

Some gorgeous mostly tech house / minimal techno tunes.

Carmen Villain, back on one of my favourite smaller labels, Smalltown Supersound (home to the likes of Kelly Lee Owens, Supersilent, Lost Girls, and Lindstrøm), taking ever more abstract turns on Only Love From Now On.

The opener with labelmate Arve Henriksen...

Spoon - Lucifer on the Sofa

Excellent Indie Rock. Enough said.

EDIT - oh, should warn, contains violent scenes.

Last edited:
Carmen Villain, back on one of my favourite smaller labels, Smalltown Supersound (home to the likes of Kelly Lee Owens, Supersilent, Lost Girls, and Lindstrøm), taking ever more abstract turns on Only Love From Now On.

The opener with labelmate Arve Henriksen...

Strong Jon Hassell vibes across the whole album (and not just on the Arve Henriksen track).
This is high praise from me.

advertisement

Back