advertisement

Favourite forum member name

I ( in my juvenile way) always enjoyed 'Purple Pleaser' and 'Buppy Batter' . I fully understand why they were asked to change .... but they both just made me smile.
I'm also very fond of Sue Pertwee-Tyr....... Because so many people are too dumb or blind to see the 'call me Steve' strapline in his sig.

Yeah and I’ve had to say it over and over with different emphasis before it dawned on me.

I think we can close this one now, a clear winner.

.sjb
Hang on a minute... we have one vote for Dave Decadent and one who is ‘quite fond’ of Sue, albeit preferring two others. No-one else yet has expressed a preference. If there’s a leader at the moment it’s Dave, I reckon. I can’t help feeling that a demand to close the polls now has a Trumpian whiff about it.

PS I was about to nominate sq225917 for second place if he had been a prime number - but sadly he has factors of 263 and 859.

Does it have to be a pfm member's handle? The most memorable one I know was on a bike forum years ago: c'ntcumber, with a u instead of an apostrophe.
I'm also very fond of Sue Pertwee-Tyr....... Because so many people are too dumb or blind to see the 'call me Steve' strapline in his sig.
Yeah, I've never seen anyone call her "Steve". Perhaps many members have their "show signatures" thing turned off in their preferences? I've always taken it to be her drag king name.

;)

Sue Pertwee-Tyr* for me will always remain a middle aged transvestite who wears thorn proof tweeds. I prefer the ingenious rule of pick your favourite hifi brand then add your father in law’s first name.

* Steve, if you’re watching, I beg forgiveness. :)

Last edited:
For me it's foxwelljsly, purely because since my first ever misread, it is Fox'sWilly in my world :rolleyes:

I don't know about anyone else, but I only ever skim read at least first read through, and less than that for the member's names. That being so, I know that how I remember names in many cases has nothing to do with how their name is spelt - for me foxwelljsly, will always be fox-welly-fish.

I now see Sue's/Steve's pun, purely and solely because I actually spoke it aloud, but he shall for ever be Sue Pertwee Tyre in my mind.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr for me will always remain a middle aged transvestite who wears thorn proof tweeds. I prefer the ingenious rule of pick your favourite hifi brand then add your father in law’s first name.
I'm now imagining a cross between Eddie Izzard and Geraldine James, sort of:
38734370-9358463-The_comedian_said_she_believes_her_mother_would_be_positive_abou-m-52_1615649701446.jpg
combined with:

img

Where, in my own head I was going for:
f4f85fb7e9e0a49708212c0625c55a40.jpg

But hey-ho.

Some people do call me 'Steve', but mostly I answer to 'Sue', because in a thread it's confusing if people haven't noticed.

I well remember the first very few posts from Miss Aerial - the fawning attention that they got LLLLLLOL

I was mighty suspicious so checked their profile for gender after their first post

I think my forum name is excellent but you have to know your Buffy the Vampire Slayer to "get it":

https://www.douxreviews.com/2002/01/buffy-crush.html

It's the dismissive name Harmony, the airhead vampire, gives to Drusilla, the love of Spike's life for 200 years.
Harmony: "Wait. I get it. Our little sex game was just the beginning. Now you've gone and picked up some cheap queen of the damned to dress up like your precious Drood-zilla."
Spike: "Harm..."
Harmony: "You'd better not be thinking what I think you're thinking. 'Cause my answer is the same as always. No threesomes unless it's boy boy girl, or Charlize Theron."
If I had to vote for somebody else, Helen Bach would definitely be in the running.

advertisement

Back