advertisement

Favourite Decks

P

Banned
If anyone has one of these for sale or knows of one then I would very much like to hear from you.

Cheers

Pete

That's a Braun SK 1, I believe. Its German nickname is "Snow White's Coffin".

These occasionally come up here, I might even know of a dealer who might have one on stock. What's your price limit?

Markus

The BrAun 'Audio 1' from 1962 is even cooler...

20-thumb.jpg

There was also a slightly different version with a turntable but the same basic design.

Tony.

Morgen

Markus - Thanks for the kind offer. It's an SK4 Superphono from 1956 or "Schneewittchensarg" as you rightly say.
If you do know of one could you find a price for me? I have absolutely no idea what they're worth, I just want one! Dieter Rams' one of my all time heroes and this was the first thing he did when he joined BrAun

Tony - You'd need one of these then?

Cheers

Pete

Hi everyone, new here.

While we're on the subject of favourite decks, I've always hankered after a Gale. I can't remember the model but it was sold during the 70's and looked extremely cool.

Anybody got a picture? Anybody ever used one?

rommel

Hi Pete,

sorry, the dealer I had in mind has nothing in stock right now. I quizzed him about prices. He sdaid these had gone down a little recently. Expect to pay about 100 Euros for a working example in average condition. Non-workers should be cheaper, excellent items have been known to change hands for 500 Euros.

Check out this eBay offer.

Markus

advertisement

Back