advertisement

Favourite Bowie track

Think it was Paul Morley (apologies if it was someone else) who summed this question up perfectly - when he was asked what his favourite Bowie track was he replied 'The last Bowie song I heard'.

So many to choose from but I currently love listening to : Width Of A Circle, Fascination, The Bewlay Brothers, Station To Station to name but a few.

On another note, I recently went to see 'Bowie Experience', was actually very good and would recommend it - tickets were £25 and the show lasted about 2 hours.

Even the Bowie stuff that I didn't like at all when it was new, has stood the test of time. I'm thinking particularly of the "Thin White Duke" period.

"Let's Dance" is still insufferable though.

Heroes when pushed although Life on Mars is so close , Drive in Saturday I really like amongst so many others .

"Heroes" for me, I think...

This thread reminds me of a conversation with some friends several years ago, we were asked what our favourite Bowie album was, we all picked different ones. With many artists there is often agreement about which is their favourite, not with Bowie, a definite sign of the high quality of his body of work.

5 years was the first song that made me think about mortality and the end of the world as a young teenager. Blew me away then, and still has a big effect on me. Diamond dogs is another biggie, as is wild is the wind, which was a large part of my day's as a druggie.
5 years has to be my favourite but it's a close thing..

advertisement

Back