advertisement

Favourite Bowie track

Dollar Days, from his last album. Could also be on 'Songs and music that make you cry' thread, if I'm in that kind of mood.

'If I'll never see the English evergreens I'm running to
It's nothing to meet *
It's nothing to see
I'm dying too'

* I always thought he sung 'me' here. Must listen more closely next time.

Easy, Quicksand, one of my top ten ever songs. And I believe he references it himself in the Villa Of Ormen on Blackstar:

Don't believe in yourself, don't deceive with belief
Knowledge comes with death's release
Aah-aah, aah-aah, aah-aah, aah-aah

It could be any of ten plus, but, Heroes just heads the list. There is just something about that song, and I can’t put my finger on it, but I won’t seek to analyse it, rather I will just continue to love it!

Haha. I said I wouldn't seek to analyse it. But I have. And it didn’t take long. Heroes has an X factor, the feeling as and when it was performed/sung by David Bowie. It had a significant meaning to him.

Impossible to pick one. However my favourite of the moment is that funky little number, The Secret Life of Araaaaaaabiaaaaa!

Classic!

Starman, Heroes, and yes, When I Live My Dream!

But there are so many other brilliant songs...

As mentioned, loads to pick from but my personal favourite is Moonage Daydream. Mick Ronson at his best guitar and piano. Very underated in my opionion.

Liz Green -five years cover on mark Riley radio6 session, difficult to track down but sometimes repeated.

advertisement

Back