advertisement

Faust Tapes help

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
Picked up a vinyl copy of The Faust Tapes in Inverness today. I know I need to read Copey's write up in the good Krautrock book but just now am interested in what version/release I have got. It is on Virgin VC-501 with white labels and black text/black virgins. A1/B1 pressing. Sleeve has a bunch of reviews on the front and a weird design that messes with my eyes on the back. I know nowt about this lot but fancied a dabble. Be later this week before I get chance to play it...your thoughts dudes........

Cheers

Rich

That's the original release - I've never seen anything but an original to be honest. It's a great album, kind of a shifting collage of stuff. The cover is a Bridget Riley painting, the same artist who's work was used for the Vertigo 'swirl' label. She did much great work IMO, as did Faust.

Tony.

You have the original Virgin 1973 release. It was pressed in large quantities, in a vain attempt to make a hit record. The other common version is the Recommend Records 1980 reissue, which has a completely different sleeve.

But the main thing is, you now have The Faust Tapes.

Why don't you have the first four Faust LPs already? You lose 100 points :)

-- Ian

Seem to remember when I bought this Virgin had priced it as a budget buy, like they did with Gong's Camembert Electrique

Coor I was robbed I paid 50p for mine

And the Ms Riley original hung on the wall of Stirling yoonie in Pathfoot ...... played the album to the picture once ...... silly poseur

oh well quite nice album

Whats it worth now? £4

"When you leave your place
and walk in someone others garden
suddenly you see
it's a warming colour in your mind to be

It's only a garden made of sandwich
marshmallows jumping around and smiling quiet
inside a stone of cream there is a language
bring our minds together, press them tight

The rainbow bridge sounds flashbacks of Caruso
beyond eleven dreams are dancing girls
for everything you feel there is a do so
your mind it is accepted, you are right"

Sums up my love of music and audio equipment perfectly...

RickyC6, you'll know where I'm dreaming from once you've played it...........

Cool - will report back.

Paid a tenner for it by the way....Market Brae Music, Inverness. Cool shop.

Cheers

Rich

Listened to the entire The Wümme Years boxed set at the weekend. I have the vinyl too, but fancied listening to the CD versions. They sound very nice indeed and the extra documentation is worth it too. And it can be iPodded!

And the BBC sessions are an interesting addition.

Regards

Stephen

Faust Tapes is one of the vital 4 albums.

Of course, they are still at it, only last month I added the CD

Faust - Od Serca Do Diszy

to my selections.

DS

Cool - ain't got round to spinning it yet though. Fear of being challenged! Well that and the fact that the pile is a bit big at the mo.

Cheers

Rich

advertisement

Back