advertisement

FAO Postcard Records fans

Added to ‘watch list’! I have a feeling I’ve seen it, but well worth watching again if so.

I can confirm that this film is bloody marvellous! Although it fails to mention Memphis' classic single on Swamplands, You Supply The Roses.

Just watched this. Not your run of the mill music doc, no narrator to pull it all together (a nice idea) and no music (no so good).

The lack of music annoyed me, I can’t understand why they did that unless it was a rights issue. I’m sure many watching (Rich, obvs!) will already know every band, record and song, but I’m not in that category and have some real gaps in my Postcard knowledge so it would have been good to have a proper soundtrack. Other than that it was really interesting stuff and nicely done.

Yeah that's a fair point Tony, although when they do feature music in these sort of docs it's usually annoyingly brief for reasons of time i guess. i bloody loved it. And basically everybody should own all of it. (and good luck with tracking it all down!)

I think the programme would have benefited from captions to explain the roles of some the talking heads - some names I recognized, but others I had never heard of. Were they bit players, journos, latter day cultural commentators, or just people who wandered into the bar when the programme was being filmed?

A bit of a shame that Roddy Frame didn't appear. Likewise Alan Horne; I have a vague recollection of hearing that he was no longer with us, but Google does not.

Yeah a few missing key players but a couple have good reasons. Would have been great to get Edwyn and Grace on there.

advertisement

Back