Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

FAO Jon Hassell fans (bit niche I know..)

Discussion in 'music' started by guey, Apr 12, 2014.

1. guey

guey pfm Member

Whilst on the burningshed site to order some XTC, I spotted that Jon Hassell's City: Works Of Fiction is getting a 3CD deeelooxe edition reissue.
    Pre-ordered obv.

2. dss

dss Musical Bons

Ta for that is it.

I have the original, but might spring for the DLP and download there is it.

H. Budd Abandoned Cities is in the pile of records to play, on the right hand side, about 10 in there.

DS

3. guey

guey pfm Member

It'll be the third time I've bought it *stamps "mug" across forehead*

4. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Thanks for the heads up - another one for my wish list.

5. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

Three quid extra you get the vinyl, cd and download. Ok that's actually a good deal.
    Yes I have bought this before. laaraji on sale again too... Quite hard to get noaw... burning shed seems to be where EG editions went.

6. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Excellent. I've pre-order the LP/CD pack. Can't have too much Jon Hassell. I almost made to the end of a Saturday without buying any music too.

7. datay

datay pfm Member

You've only pre-ordered it John, it doesn't count until it arrives...credit card not charged and all that ;)

I will probably go for this tho not sure about the hip hop reference - not dated sounding (I have Power Spot, and always loved his input on Brilliant Trees).

8. guey

guey pfm Member

Power Spot is the one it's closest to out of his catalogue I'd say.
    I'd say Bluescreen has more hip hop influences than this one.
    Either way, don't worry, it's not him being down with the kidz in an embarrassing way.

9. datay

datay pfm Member

Sounds good then.

10. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Just had an email from Burning Shed to say that these have been delayed until June 2nd.