advertisement

FAO Burglers!

The post office couldn’t get a cd through our letter box and we had to rearrange delivery. On another occasion a turntable was left on the doorstep without even ringing the bell.

My partner ordered a pair of sandals from Amazon last week which never showed up.
Upon tracking the parcel, Amazon claim that it was signed for and left in a safe place and to take the issue up with Hermes the courier. Well that's not happening as Hermes don't recognise the Amazon tracking code so that's a dead end for the moment.
She was at home when the delivery was supposed to have been made and there were no visitors at all that day.
What stinks about this is why would the courier say it had been signed for and then leave it in a safe place??
How do you take this further?

Not a delivery, but I had a large pot and plant taken from outside my front door once. Didn't replace it.

Not a delivery, but I had a large pot and plant taken from outside my front door once. Didn't replace it.
Not had that happen, but it had crossed my mind that I’m trusting people not to nick/damage a few hundred quid’s worth of plants... I have had some trampled, along with a spike light by some Neanderthal... no need either because I have plenty of paved area to walk over!

jgNKU7a.jpg

My partner ordered a pair of sandals from Amazon last week which never showed up.
Upon tracking the parcel, Amazon claim that it was signed for and left in a safe place and to take the issue up with Hermes the courier. Well that's not happening as Hermes don't recognise the Amazon tracking code so that's a dead end for the moment.
She was at home when the delivery was supposed to have been made and there were no visitors at all that day.
What stinks about this is why would the courier say it had been signed for and then leave it in a safe place??
How do you take this further?
Something was bought from Amazon and they, or their agents (Hermes), failed to deliver it to the correct recipient. If they won't refund or send another, take them to court.

Something was bought from Amazon and they, or their agents (Hermes), failed to deliver it to the correct recipient. If they won't refund or send another, take them to court.
Cheers for the reply Cav. This was an order for a pair of inexpensive sandals so the hassle of the court option wouldn't be welcomed by her.
It would be nice 'though to have a phone number for an Amazon help line to at least hear their explanation about how a parcel could be signed for but not actually delivered at our address. I could do with a good shout. :)

We had 2 pots with Clematis in by the back door. I only noticed they had been nicked when the flowers all up the wall began to wilt. Snipped the plant and took the pots away- bastards!

I'm not saying it's right, but those drivers must have hell of a time trying to deliver everything now. Everyone's buying online.
Totally. A few weeks\months back the Hermes delivery guy was telling me what a nightmare it was and showed me examples of stuff he was expected to deliver, a couple of which were just the name of the recipient, the name of the village, and the postcode i.e. no house name or number - he tended to ask at the local shop for help to identify them. Plus a lot of houses on our road do have names instead of numbers so there's no nice sequence to follow to locate them, and plenty of these names are not even easily visible from the pavement - tucked away inside porches or at ground level hidden behind shrubs etc. We drew up a little map of the road for him with all the house names but he was replaced by a new guy shortly after so we didn't get a chance to give it to him, and the new guy doesn't really pause to chat to anyone. Ho hum.

AFAiK the delivery drivers are overworked and underpaid, at least any that I have spoken too have claimed this , that's no excuse for leaving a delivery at an incorrect address.
If you must order items via mail order surely it's your responsibility to insure someone is in or a suitable safe delivery space is provided.
I always try to make time to be friendly and have a chat with the postie, Parcelforce, My Hermes, DPD and UPS delivery drivers, especially when having moved to a new area and starting to get deliveries, I was on first name terms with the various drivers that covered Wellesbourne for the eight years I lived there and now for the past few years in Kilclief.

On the subject of theft , quite a few years ago, maybe 7 or 8, I sent a large box full of individualy wrapped Xmas presents to my parents to be distributed to the family rather than send a lot of individual parcels. My Mum was out shopping and my Dad had fell asleep, luckily the driver bothered to go around the back of the house and knocked loud enough to wake up the old man, Dad asked why he didn't just leave it on the doorstep and the driver told him they had be warned by the police not too, that there was Van's driving around following delivery drivers and pinching parcels left when there was nobody home.

We had 2 pots with Clematis in by the back door. I only noticed they had been nicked when the flowers all up the wall began to wilt. Snipped the plant and took the pots away- bastards!

Had a friend who planted 30 yards of hedge one afternoon and it was all stolen that night, some people must be desperate.

Of course now that Amazon conveniently sells Ring doorbell cameras, they have financial incentive not to tackle careless delivery practices.

Cheers for the reply Cav. This was an order for a pair of inexpensive sandals so the hassle of the court option wouldn't be welcomed by her.
It would be nice 'though to have a phone number for an Amazon help line to at least hear their explanation about how a parcel could be signed for but not actually delivered at our address. I could do with a good shout. :)
A small claims court action will not cost you a penny in the end if successful.

My work bought us all subscriptions to "fantastic clubs" or some such in December. I let my wife choose and she chose "cake of the month". January's cake arrived and was very average but there's been no sign of February's cake. I suspect the yard squirrels. I think they've been staking out the front step, ever since the January delivery.

advertisement

Back