Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

fantasy football

Discussion in 'off topic' started by garyi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

I've just looked at my squad for game 1 to compare with game 38. I think I've chopped and changed a lot, I only have one player in both squads, Maty Ryan.

The other two Seagulls players have changed as Duffy and Murray have only been bit part players this season.

2. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

I’ve not had any ever present, but I have started and finished with Pope and Taylor from Burnley. I didn’t remember starting with Pope , my team’s had 3 names !. Tell a lie, I sold Taylor to get Aurier in.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

I'm hopeless at this game, whoever I sell hits the jackpot the following week, still... good fun

4. seagull

Congratulations to @bigjonny on winning our mini league.

I enjoyed that. I have done FPL before but had given up after a couple of weeks but I kept it up for the season.

Personal highlight was game week 10 when I picked the right three Leicester players! Thanks to that I can literally say "Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt"

Lessons learnt...

Never try to second guess Pep or Graham Potter.

Make better use of the chips (I got 3 points for my triple captain and 4 points from my bench boost)

Don't be so loyal to my real team (I will admit to having a couple of Palace players in my squad at one point).

bigjonny likes this.
  5. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

Thanks Simon, I had a good re-start :).

6. 2ManyBoxes

2ManyBoxes pfm Member

Picking any Man City player was akin to playing Russian roulette, although the risk / reward is probably best for De Bruyne.

7. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

My team fell off a cliff the last few weeks, and so I just about scraped 3rd. Having said that, my target is always 2,000 points so pleased with 2,136. Well done all, hope to do it again next season.

8. 2ManyBoxes

2ManyBoxes pfm Member

Can I play too mister?

I finally scored 2006 points on the official Premier League fantasy football league.

9. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Once it's open for the new season I will advise of the league code again.

seagull and tqineil like this.
  10. deanf

deanf pfm Member

I aim for top 10% overall and only just missed out this year, well pretty much every year to be honest, but who cares?

Well done @bigjonny.

See you in six weeks. :)

11. seagull

Anyone up for another season?

ralphj likes this.
  12. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

I’ve got an auto-pick team on the site but I’m struggling to work up any enthusiasm. We need @farfromthesun to restart the league.

13. seagull

My son set up a family league, so I'm all ready to go.

14. seagull

Mrs S had a novel way of choosing her squad. She wanted players with initials to spell out our grandson's name (Jenson Thomas) plus a few others to make up the numbers.

She got J, E and N then spotted Son!

She actually ended up with a decent looking squad with Kane and Ings up front who helped make up the numbers.

bigjonny likes this.
  15. garyi

garyi leave blank

I came hard last. Like 35 miles behind kind of last.

Tigerjones and tqineil like this.
  16. ralphj

ralphj pfm Member

Team selected & ready to go>

17. seagull

18. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

ralphj likes this.
  19. seagull

Just logged into FPL, I have been enrolled in the PFM league. Only four teams in there at the moment.

20. ralphj

ralphj pfm Member