advertisement

Fantastic mod for NAC found!!!! A little piece of gold.

Linnik

Flat Earth - Source First
I was again hassling with my power rails in my NAC yesterday.
Then listened Mahler's 1st, the Titan. Laid back on my listening coach.

Suddenly I got an idea for a small mod in another direction and tried it out immediately as I had my iron readily hot aside.

WHAT A FANTASTIC FIND!!!! This is a real gold mine mod!

1. Nothing special. Not an INVENTION at all.
2. But I have not seen it before made in a NAC here or in another place
3. Just fantastic results with absolute minimum of effort and parts

Now, I am telling you that you will lift your NAC scaling like one model
up in Naim's preamp ladder. Or PSU ladder.

Fantastically better tune, rhythm and - silence, blackness, separation, ambience.

NO. I am not telling it out yet. This is a preliminary announcement.

I will post it next week as X'mas present and thank you for all of you DIY'ers here working on your NAC. This will make a big difference with smallest possible effort, I promise. I guess this is the best mod ever against the cost and work. :)

For the next week, if I am still alive. You will read it out from this same thread. This mod will be available for everyone independent of which kind of PSU or regulation you are using now.

Have a nice week-end! I gotta drive tomorrow a 100 miles for a funeral of my 66 year old cousin who decided to make it by himself..

Oz

Oz,

Write the idear down, seal it in an envelope and give it to your Lawyer. You could be killed by a bus or a reindeer etc and we'd all get stomach ulcers anguishing over what we missed out on.

David

Santa is on his way chaps!

But it will still take some L O O N G D A Y S (and nites) for him to come to you.
(some accurate, detailed gallopping sound on the background here with snoring snow!)

santareki.jpg

Is it taking a special marker and writing 'MAROON' all over every cap you can find, in a sort of Peter Belt treatment for the flattest of earths?

Sorry Oz. Couldn't resist.

Hehheh, Martin,

After all my polishing during the last couple of days, you don't believe this but
there are the huge Evoxes connected now in my NAC!

They're made near where Santa comes from and I thought I would listen them for the X'mas time at least.

But that is another story..

Oz

Did you know that in Scotland we celebrate Christmas on the 17th of December? That means I need to find out today :D

You are in Scotland, yes, well, in that case...

SANTA!!! S A A N T A A !!!! Come back! gimme those things in your lantern!
Carl says you're late from Scotland. Gotta have em to him.
What? Whatusaid? You don't want to spoil Carls first days with his SR's?
You even think is it wise at all to give the mod to him for X'mas just for his
mind's sake? Cause he will nothing but run hot about how to make it? Aha...

Listen, Carl. Santa thought... ;)

Oz

I've an idea...

you could pm all of us on this thread with the info, and we promise, I mean PROMISE not to open it before christmas.

I mean bivalve (David) is right!

You could get eaten by a reindeer over the festive season! and then where would we all be :D

Oz, you know that certain people will be very cross if you announce this too late for people to get hold of any required parts in time for Christmas, don't you?

Oz said:
Have a nice week-end! I gotta drive tomorrow a 100 miles for a funeral of my 66 year old cousin who decided to make it by himself..

So, your cousin tried the same mod and now he's... er, hung up his iron?

Let me guess, you've heard some talk of upping rail voltage a little and decided to go the whole hog and run the pre on directly rectified mains?

Mr Tibbs

Safety footnote; Don't bloody try that :eek:

has anyone considered that this Linnik might just be a troll and follows this forum and has enough intelligence to work out what certain DIY folk get up to and trawl a few appropriate web sites and come up with some bullshit , I'm joining the Mick Parry side of things , at least hes honest and open about things. Linnik you are a troll . Anyone met him?????????????? :D :D :D :D

I think he's a diy murderer and well all get zapped like turkeys..go on Linnik tell us the goodies there's a good Pink Fisherman!! capt

advertisement

Back