Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Falcon Q7

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Ianp, May 11, 2022.

1. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Purchased new by myself in kit form in late January of this year. Asking £1000 firm which I appreciate doesn't represent a big saving on the current RRP (£1125) but may appeal to someone who wants an assembled pair (£1520 from Falcon).

Mint, stunning, and a close run contender to my Harbeth P3ESR which I prefer by a shave. I think. I can't really make my mind up tbh !

Any genuinely non obligation dem. welcome (Notts).

PM fot photos, or (cheeky, I know !), look on the 'wam ;-)

TonyScarlett likes this.
  2. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Tempted myself, GLWS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zeon and Nagraboy like this.
  3. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Thank you so much for posting those photos. Genuinely grateful !

Amber Audio likes this.
  4. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

This is an absolutely shocking development @Ianp ! :eek:

lordmortlock likes this.
  5. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

I
    Absolutely acknowledged. It's a collection thing, a few amps is great, but two spares of speakers that aren't that far apart doesn't balance for me.

6. MarkL56

MarkL56 pfm Member

Double shocked, we got ours bought at about the same time Ian I think, love mine, only just run in
    GLWS

7. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

Yep, was just being a bit hyperbolic for some forum drama! ;)

I just would’ve thought that the Falcons were a little more suited to your stable of well–chosen amps. Probably not much in it though.

8. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

There are many reviews for these, all very positive, but the bottom line is from Jerry at Falcon himself, and I quote from the email he sent me....

"If you have ever heard a Falcon LS3/5a, then it sounds the same except it has bit more bass because of the optimised cabinet volume".

There's your summary review !

Niel Blackwood and Nagraboy like this.
  9. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

One last bump

10. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Unlikely I appreciate, but would also be interested in part exchanging these for Falcon LS3/5a.

11. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

I would’ve had them by now but I already have the standard Falcon LS3/5a version here. I’ve heard this very pair a few times now and it’s remarkable how similar they are to the original - ie. superb with unparalleled imaging and vocal purity - yet with a noticeably more extended bass. The cabinet is a few inches deeper than the LS3/5a which seems to make all the difference. They should’ve named it the LS3/5a Plus.

Ianp likes this.
  12. MarkL56

MarkL56 pfm Member

No doubt you've thought about it, but upgrade the crossover and keep them in the knowledge that they are pretty much the same as the LS3/5a?

Ianp likes this.
  13. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

I'll certainly admit I'm lacking focus with this move, but I've been here before and something interesting always happens.

Sometimes the best plan is to have no plan !

Nagraboy and MarkL56 like this.
  14. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Reduced, 900. Seen some LS3/5a :)

15. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Good job these are pick up, as that really does temper my over-aquisitive instincts! GLWTS

Ianp likes this.
  16. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

No, can courier these, I have the original box and all internal packaging :)

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    Rana likes this.
  17. Conan

Conan Loop digger

I have the Q7s with a Nait 2. Amazing sound and for me end game combo

Nagraboy and Ianp like this.
  18. peter wood

peter wood Member

Are they sold yet ?

these are a bargain. I have some Studio M30 Harbeth in grey that I’d swop or put on eBay for in exchange.

19. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Yes, sold.