advertisement

Extra long cable for iPhone/iPad

Neil Gilbert

pfm Member
I can now plug my iPhone/iPad directly into my classe cp 800 via USB but need a 12 foot cable so I keep my lazy bottom on the sofa.

Anyone recommend one this length or anyone who would make one.

Thanks

Neil

USB.org recommends no more than 5m on any USB-terminated connections. Even 5m USB extension cables generally come with some form of active boost.

Audioquest makes several iPod 30 pin connector to USB cables in different grades of exoticness. These are up to 5m long and cost anything from a decent curry for two (with beer) to a decent night out in London for two (with beer... and hookers).

In the interests of not being chastised by the Knights who say 'No', there are also extender cables that attach to the USB end of the giveaway cable for about a tenner.

Alternatively grab an Airport Express, hook that to the DAC, and stream from the iPad wirelessly.

Thanks for the tips. I will investigate further.
I didn't want to spend too much as the Classe has an Ethernet socket which just needs enabling but they are being somewhat tardy with the update.

Neil

i think the Classe front panel socket would power an active repeater.
i use a 12m to connect car to PC, up to 5 can be joined together if you want to be at the bottom of the garden.
Knowing me it won't have cost a great deal.

(ie under a tenner)

I can now plug my iPhone/iPad directly into my classe cp 800 via USB but need a 12 foot cable so I keep my lazy bottom on the sofa.

Anyone recommend one this length or anyone who would make one.

Thanks

Neil

Maplin do a reasonably priced 5m long usb cable - it worked for my link from computer to preamp

advertisement

Back