advertisement

"Extra Energy" utility suppliers

MikeMA

pfm Member
“Extra Energy” seem to be a newish utility supplier. Anyone use them? Any problems? What do you think?

My fixed price dual fuel deal with “First Utility” comes to an end in August 2015 and they want to charge me slightly more for another two year fix so I’m looking to change supplier again.

The comparison sites are all showing “Extra Energy” as offering one of the best deals on offer at the moment, with a fix until November 2016, which looks pretty good and will save me about £250 compared with my current tariff.

I just put in my current tarriff and the usage it was based on to get a comparison and it's showing a £105 a year saving for me. Not bad.....a 10% saving. Better than a kick in the teeth. To leave a current supplier mid contrast will depend on what, if any, exit fees there are to bail.

I went with Extra Energy last November and the transition from SWALEC was seamless. Only a short period I know, but I've experienced no problems.

The one invoice I've received is based on an actual meter read and is easy to understand. Because my consumption was less than anticipated, they adjusted my DD payment downwards to be more in line. Cannot fault them up to now.

I've been with them for around 9 months, they never seem to want to read the meter, i sent through a reading but now they don't seem to want to revise my stg order, should it need any adjustment.
Have just received an email saying the meter is overdue for a check, seems they forgot to send out the original request.
So.. not slick operation, but no issues.
However I think the music system has blacker blacks, more depth and much greater seperation using this type of electricity .... :D

been with them 15 months.response time can be slow due to staff numbers but no problems with billing.

Well, encouraged by your replies, particularly the bit about how good their leccy is for the H-fi, I decided to take the plunge. So far the website seems permanently down, and no one answers the telephone. Am I paranoid or is this outfit shite? Sainsburys (BG rebadged) beckons I fear.

advertisement

Back