advertisement

Exposure xx super speaker cable

hardwired91

pfm Member
Hi Im looking at buying a exposure xx super, can anyone recommend some speaker cable to use as I have been told I can only use certain speaker cable

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Just avoid any high capacitance cables. Usually woven or wound types ( Litz types ?).

Most normal cable will be fine. Exposure cable , Naim , Linn and Gale if still on the go. Mogami and DNM ( old type reson) also no problem.

Thank you I currently have van damme 6mm ofc is this any good?? On ebay I also found talk cable 6 if that would be better??

Talk 3 , 3.1 and 6 should be fine. The Van Damme also looks ok - and seriously chunky. Just normal dumbbell designs. Cant see capacitance problems with either. Don't know the exact figures per foot . You may want to contact Exposure if you are really concerned.

Your Van Damme cable is more than up to the job.

Best to stick with Exposure's recommended 3m minimum length rule for their own branded 4mm spaced cable, as it is this measure that supplies the minimum necessary parallel inductance.

Too short. As stated above. Exposure recommend minimum 3 meter lengths to meet requirements of older amps output stages.

I'm not the best at all the details lol, my speakers are both about a metre away from the amp how much of the van damme cable would I need each side??

I have an ancient Exposure III / IV combo and use 4mm Van Damme HiFi, spaced shotgun construction so very low capacitance with the inductance that these old amps like.

Also a lack of thick PVC dielectric that I like, but that’s a different discussion. :p

advertisement

Back