advertisement

Exposure Speaker Pairing

Monkeymayor

Hi there

I recently demoed the Exposure 2510, loved it, but wanted 'a bit more', have ended up buying an exposure ix psu, iv power amp, and a vii preamp.

Now im onto speakers. I love the warm sound of the exposure, and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? two categories i guess, whether to buy new, or a vintage pair?

Thanks for your time

Oh, have a rega planar 3 (1990s) with an Audio Technica 95ML cartridge, think im going to change it to the Elys2 cartridge, as a warmer sound to my ears.

Kevin

Match made in Heaven and what I have used and still use over the last 35+ years:

NAIM SBL
NAIM NBL
NAIM IBL with REL SUBS
NAIM OVATOR S600

QUAD ESL63 with REL SUBS (sadly the ESL63 are long gone)

Heard but not owned:

KUDOS Titan range 505, 606, 707, 808
NAIM OVATOR S400

The EXPOSURE amps tend to work with many different 'speakers this is one of their many strengths.

Last edited:
My 3510 integrated amp works really well with my Shahinian Compasses. Well controlled, deep bass, even when being used in a not ideal position for the speakers.

The Exposures are great amps and the combo you have will match with loads of good speaker brands. In the office I’m using Exposure 17/18s to drive early 80s Linn Kanns; infectious sound!

Oh, have a rega planar 3 (1990s) with an Audio Technica 95ML cartridge, think im going to change it to the Elys2 cartridge, as a warmer sound to my ears.
Depending on budget I'd look into upgrade that source too.
Recent Rega decks are much better than 3-4 decades old ones.
Why the Elys ?
Its discontinued and not a very good solution anyway - new Rega cartridges imminent and bundled on a new deck.

advertisement

Back