advertisement

Exposure power amp better than Rotel combined with Exposure 3010 s2d pre

Hififriend

pfm Member
Hello Hifi friends. Should I get an Exposure power amplifier for my 3010 s2d preamp ? My actual desktop nearfield system: PC --> Sudgen Dac-4 --> 3010 s2d --> Rotel RB-980 BX (2 x 120 W) power amp --> Dali Menuet SE. Perhaps I'll get Spendor Classic 4/5. Sound with the Rotel is very good, detailed and fast enough, pretty in my face, but will it improve with a Exposure power amp and which one should I get ? Thanks.

Hello Hifi friends. Should I get an Exposure power amplifier for my 3010 s2d preamp ? My actual desktop nearfield system: PC --> Sudgen Dac-4 --> 3010 s2d --> Rotel RB-980 BX (2 x 120 W) power amp --> Dali Menuet SE. Perhaps I'll get Spendor Classic 4/5. Sound with the Rotel is very good, detailed and fast enough, pretty in my face, but will it improve with a Exposure power amp and which one should I get ? Thanks.
Only your ears can tell you. Maybe it will be better, maybe worse, maybe you won't hear a difference. What I might hear doesn't matter.

Exposure matching 3010 power amp would be obvious choice, though desktop setup may be sort of source quality showstopper, a good integrated amp of any watt/size could be enough.

Exposure matching 3010 power amp would be obvious choice, though desktop setup may be sort of source quality showstopper, a good integrated amp of any watt/size could be enough.
Thanks. Not only the wav playing Pc will be connected, but also a Naim CDX2.2/XPS2 CD Player will be, so the source can handle best possible amplification. Dalis apparently need some powerful amplifier and I tried my Cambridge A 500, which is not meant for 4 Ohm speakers, and of course I will use all the equipment too for B&W CDM 1 or even Spendor A7 if I get them one day. A500 as a pre with the Rotel power amp was no good matching and both were heating up, here the Exposure preamp stays absolutely cool, while my Sudgen A21 SE Signature gets too hot. Thanks for your interest. Ps: Exposure 2010 is perhaps a little weak, I'll have a look at the 3010 then

also a Naim CDX2.2/XPS2 CD Player will be, so the source can handle best possible amplification

Thats certainly a top notch source, have you considered Naim separates amplication ?.

Exposure 3010 is very powerfull, indeed more so than older 2010 (which was never my cup..)

Thats certainly a top notch source, have you considered Naim separates amplication ?.

Exposure 3010 is very powerfull, indeed more so than older 2010 (which was never my cup..)
Hello. I have Naim separates but they have to stay in the rack and not supposed to play in the bedroom or desktop system, well I could try out to move the Dalis and connect them to the Naim system just to hear how they sound. Regards.

advertisement

Back