Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Exposure Bi Amping Question

Discussion in 'audio' started by Allaboutmusic, Apr 4, 2021.

1. mega lord

mega lord Centre tapped

One should never take other people's view as gospel, especially the more vocal types who would like to be your guru. Until you have tried it with a certain speaker you will never know for sure.

2. Gomers1607

Gomers1607 pfm Member

Don't bother in my view, the 3010S2D is a wonderful and highly accomplished amp. More capable speakers will achieve better results, spend the budget here.

Darren L likes this.
  3. Allaboutmusic

Allaboutmusic pfm Member

Interesting to read everyone’s comments that bi amping if it does make a difference is minimal.

To note I am very happy with my current amplifier as it drives my current speakers with ease but also has a very refined sound.

At some point I intend to change my speakers for floor standards and one pair I am interested in is the b&w 804d3 (used) so my concern would be that I need a amplifier at a higher price point to make the most of them. That said I read a review which reckons my amp pairs really well with the 805d3 so possibly would be okay.

That’s just one idea however, I’m also looking at spendor, pmc, proac and others...

4. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Well as a matter of fact I did hear it with my speakers (Neat Vito SE having a new crossover) at the Neat factory and if there was a difference it was very slight.