advertisement

Exposure 5010 Pre/ power vs Naim SN3/HCDR

Cheers Ross, it looks like Exposure is going to win. The VFM is simply unbeatable, but it’s a 3 box solution vs SN3…… hmmmmmmm

With a HicapDR its soon 1.5 box with lust for 282/250DR/SC

How much is a 5010 pre/mono combo ?
Naim prices has just gone up considerable and service/support prices even more, my UQ1 is nearly tripled in price for new display screen fit - its just crazy.

I have Exposure 5010 amps and have previously owned a Supernait 2. If the SN3 is anything like the SN2, the Exposure amps will be vastly better.

Do you think the Exposure 5010 preamp would replace advantageously a NAC82/HCDR paired with a Olive 250? Naim servicing is getting very expensive as of late...

Caution here. The Exposure 5010 is a low output unit as the matching monos have very high input sensitivity.
On the 82, I usually keep the volume below 9 o'clock except on rare occasions where I had a few drams. Do you think the 250 wouldn't be a good match?

I have no idea about the actual Exposure / Naim mix, but brand mixes were never a succes when trying back then.

Just looked up the 5010 prices, you will get serviced 135's cheaper but Exposure hardly have that expensive service prices - if you ever need it.

I have no idea about the actual Exposure / Naim mix, but brand mixes were never a succes when trying back then.

Just looked up the 5010 prices, you will get serviced 135's cheaper but Exposure hardly have that expensive service prices - if you ever need it.

Yep, the 5010 preamp price is ok but the 5010 monos are way too expensive for what I need. This is why I'd prefer to keep the 250.

On the 82, I usually keep the volume below 9 o'clock except on rare occasions where I had a few drams. Do you think the 250 wouldn't be a good match?
I'm aware of one person trying a 5010 with Exposure 16 Monos. About same - well , very approx input sensitivity ( 1.2v for rated op) as Nap 250 . For good volume he almost had pot cranked fully clockwise.

I'm aware of one person trying a 5010 with Exposure 16 Monos. About same - well , very approx input sensitivity ( 1.2v for rated op) as Nap 250 . For good volume he almost had pot cranked fully clockwise.
Thanks, I will definitly have to try it first before I decide to get rid of the 82!

I tried a NAC282 with 16 monos, and it worked/sounded fine. The Naim dealer thought so too.

I tried many different preamps with my Naim NAP 110 with good success. Had to turn up the volume at 3/4 of its maximum position on occasion but worked fine.
Some older Naim amps benefit from a "softer" preamp making them more musical and less harsh IMO.

It would be nice to see a 5010 Exposure stereo amp instead of monos only. We all know that preamplifiers are way more important than amps but sometimes you need a little power and the double box monos are way too expensive. I'd also want to reduce box count ;-)

Exposure seems to be going the way that a lot of people wanted Naim to go. I've not heard the modern amps but people are speaking very highly of them

It would be nice to see a 5010 Exposure stereo amp instead of monos only. We all know that preamplifiers are way more important than amps but sometimes you need a little power and the double box monos are way too expensive. I'd also want to reduce box count ;-)
Agree 100% ! Exposure made the 28 before which was a real dual mono and it was a lovely amp.

Reactions: TLS

advertisement

Back