advertisement

Exposure 3010s2 w/Van Den Hul Speaker Cable

Bobby23

pfm Member
Hi guys,

I have an Exposure 3010s2 integrated and was wondering if the Van Den Hul Teatrack Hybrid will work well with the amp. The Teatrack is a biwire version of their CS122 wire. The specs of the wire are as follows:

Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F:
0.58 Ohm/100 m.

Capacitance:
~53 pF/m.

I ask because they are suppose to work very well with the newer Tannoy prestige I have and wanted to make sure the wire will also work well the amp component of my setup as well.

Thanks for any insight.

In terms of compatibility you could try ringing Andy at Exposure who's very helpful. I've read conflicting views on whether Exposures are fussy over cables of certain capacitance due to the absence of a zobal output circuit.

I won't quote anyone else here from either perspective. For my part I've tried them with Naim NACA4, Exposure DMF1 and NVA LS1 (all apparently suitable for those who believe they'll otherwise oscillate and be damaged) and others which supposedly aren't - with the latter I haven't noticed any problem at all, not so much as even a little extra warmth from the amp. But ringing Exposure is a safe bet and they won't try to flog you something of theirs instead.

Pete

I tried a Van Den Hul cable (fat red one - sorry, no idea of the model number)with my 23/28 combo, and thought it sounded dead - completely killed the top end.

advertisement

Back