advertisement

Exposure 30102s integrated to 3510 Separates

Jazzyguy

pfm Member
Hey guys,

I currently have been thoroughly enjoying my Exposure 3010s2 integrated for several years. I wanted to upgrade to 3010s2 separates (pre & pwr). I just read about the new 3510 series. Has anybody here heard the 3510 against 3010s2(d)? No reviews online yet either it seems… My lack of available patience makes me want to just pull the plug on available 3010s2 separates while stock still lasts.

I guess I’m looking for any advice for anyone in the know.

Cheers,
Jazzy

I can't help you with experience of the new 3510 series. I've only seen a review of the integrated by A British Audiophile on YT.

Straight off the bat - I'd save your money. A double entendre if you will. Here's why:

I have the 3010S2D pre/mono block combination. I got to this by inadvertently bypassing hearing the integrated. That was going to be last on my intended demo list.Instead, I listened to the 3010 pre firstly with a stereo power amp, and then the mono blocks. I preferred the mono blocks. Skipped the integrated demo altogether. Its a while since I had this extended demo. It just sounded bigger and more airy whatever the heck the means. As a follow up, days later I also had a good listen to the 5010 pre/mono. That to me was a leap in performance over its 3010 stable mates. I still wish I'd made the leap to the 5010s - buyers remorse and all that. Personal circumstances got in the way of the bigger spend - bleep bleep bleep.

So here is why the 'double entendre'.

1. The HiFi law of diminishing returns is so true. As good as Exposure equipment has been over many years, personally I don't think you will get as big an incremental jump in performance with the change you are thinking. You might hear a difference with an A/B comparison similar to my experience. Back at home with your current 3010, you might not find any noticeable difference. Enough to justify the financial outlay??? Maybe you will, only you will know.

2. Hold fire and keep saving until you can afford the 5010 series. To me that set up was pretty epic.

If I could have the last 10 years back, I'd do things differently. Instead of the typical progression of upgraditis purchases, buying different things, I should have stuck to using my multi-channel system for music listening and saved up. Selling each of the last amps never got me near to what I paid, no matter how new it was, or what discount I had negotiated. While saving, get experience of as many products and product combinations as you can. Take your time. Ideally, in your own listening environment. Home demos are a must in my opinion, but sometimes you have to compromise. Its also what works for you, not what a reviewer writes, or other people's opinions. Too many variables with the later

Perhaps work out what you potential end game system might be, and build up funds to get to the ball park. I had been thinking of a SN3, but wanted to avoid more upgrades. I got to working towards a bigger Naim separates system. Try other products/brands. As time goes by, upgraded versions or new models will emerge for you to try. I agree with John Darko, I'm now a music first audiophile. I try not to get caught up and get obsessed with gear, cables, unicorn horn sprinkled this or that. Just enjoy the music. But hey, that's just me.

I can't help you with experience of the new 3510 series. I've only seen a review of the integrated by A British Audiophile on YT.

Straight off the bat - I'd save your money. A double entendre if you will. Here's why:

I have the 3010S2D pre/mono block combination. I got to this by inadvertently bypassing hearing the integrated. That was going to be last on my intended demo list.Instead, I listened to the 3010 pre firstly with a stereo power amp, and then the mono blocks. I preferred the mono blocks. Skipped the integrated demo altogether. Its a while since I had this extended demo. It just sounded bigger and more airy whatever the heck the means. As a follow up, days later I also had a good listen to the 5010 pre/mono. That to me was a leap in performance over its 3010 stable mates. I still wish I'd made the leap to the 5010s - buyers remorse and all that. Personal circumstances got in the way of the bigger spend - bleep bleep bleep.

So here is why the 'double entendre'.

1. The HiFi law of diminishing returns is so true. As good as Exposure equipment has been over many years, personally I don't think you will get as big an incremental jump in performance with the change you are thinking. You might hear a difference with an A/B comparison similar to my experience. Back at home with your current 3010, you might not find any noticeable difference. Enough to justify the financial outlay??? Maybe you will, only you will know.

2. Hold fire and keep saving until you can afford the 5010 series. To me that set up was pretty epic.

If I could have the last 10 years back, I'd do things differently. Instead of the typical progression of upgraditis purchases, buying different things, I should have stuck to using my multi-channel system for music listening and saved up. Selling each of the last amps never got me near to what I paid, no matter how new it was, or what discount I had negotiated. While saving, get experience of as many products and product combinations as you can. Take your time. Ideally, in your own listening environment. Home demos are a must in my opinion, but sometimes you have to compromise. Its also what works for you, not what a reviewer writes, or other people's opinions. Too many variables with the later

Perhaps work out what you potential end game system might be, and build up funds to get to the ball park. I had been thinking of a SN3, but wanted to avoid more upgrades. I got to working towards a bigger Naim separates system. Try other products/brands. As time goes by, upgraded versions or new models will emerge for you to try. I agree with John Darko, I'm now a music first audiophile. I try not to get caught up and get obsessed with gear, cables, unicorn horn sprinkled this or that. Just enjoy the music. But hey, that's just me.
These are words of wisdom !

advertisement

Back