advertisement

Exposure 2010S2D

FISBEY

pfm Member
Does anyone have any experience of this integrated amplifier?

And more specifically how Ruark Talisman 2's would work with it?

Source is a modified Alpha 5 CD player.

I tried an Exposure xxv but found I really had to turn the volume up to get decent results.

I'd like something that would work at lower volumes as well!

Any input most welcome!

I gave it a quick listen and preferred to stick to my 1980 Exposure 4 mk2 as the vintage one seemed to be more musical/less analytical as well as meatier on low frequencies at both low and high volume.
90% of my music is rock and jazz rock.

Does anyone have any experience of this integrated amplifier?

And more specifically how Ruark Talisman 2's would work with it?

Source is a modified Alpha 5 CD player.

I tried an Exposure xxv but found I really had to turn the volume up to get decent results.

I'd like something that would work at lower volumes as well!

Any input most welcome!

I used that very combo for nearly 3 years (2010S2D / Talisman II). In a word, magnificent ! Naim ND5XS and Rega Apollo R as sources. The speakers are classics and suited my medium sized room superbly.

I'm a massive fan of Exposure's amps and I absolutely loved the 2010S2D, very capable amp and a tad underrated in my view. Wholeheartedly recommended from me. The late, great Art Dudley loved the earlier 2010S, it was reading his review that made me buy the S2D blind, got a bargain deal on a lightly used trade in at my local dealer. They're not that easy to find, so if you have your eye on one, snap it up without hesitation. Fabulous amp ! Combined with your Arcam, you'd have a fantastic system IMO.

Exposure 2010S integrated amplifier | Stereophile.com

advertisement

Back